St. Thomas Frenchman's Reef

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a family vacation to celebrate our daughter's graduation from high school...along with her 21 year old sister. We are thinking of going to the Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas. Is this a good choice for a week's vacation? We went to the Atlantis in the Bahamas three 4 summers ago and loved it.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:23 AM

The Atlantis can't be beat for fun things to do right on the grounds. Is Frenchman's Reef a good choice - what are you looking for? (The Marriott Frenchman's Reef, correct?) What are you wanting to do?

Frenchman's Reef sits on a hillside with the pool at the top level. The Morningstar section sits right on the beach and the rooms are very nice. There is a nice beach - nothing spectacular. There is an area off the side of the beach which offers decent snorkeling.

St. Thomas is a busy island. To get to town or other places from Frenchman's Reef you really need to drive.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM

if you want to be on st. thomas i would look at wyndham sugar bay. it is ai (optional ?)and has tennis courts, jet skies, para-sailing and decent snorkeling from their beach. nice pool with burger/etc grill, real restaruant, and full bar. another bar and restaurants in the main part of the hotel, also has some slot machines.
if you liked atlantis i think you will find frenchmans boring.
try to book the day trip with www.newhorizonscharters.com they use a cigarette boat and take about a dozen ppl on an outstanding trip with stops at the baths, a pussers for lunch, and monkey point to snorkel. they go from sapphire bay marina which is just down the road from sugar bay. you will need passports. your girls will love it.
sugar bay is further from charlotte amalie than frenchmans (25 mins vs. 10) but you can take a taxi in to shop.
on the other hand havana blue is in the morningstar section of marriott property and is imho the best restaurant on island.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 01:00 PM

What is Atlantis? How can I find out more? Would it be a blast for teenagers too?
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 02:00 PM

www.atlantis.com lots of reviews on trip advisor. mega resort. teens will like it.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:33 PM

I suspect your daughter at 21 is rather sophisticated to the world:
"celebrate our daughter's graduation from high school...along with her 21 year old sister."

I recommend staying in Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.

A 21 year old and her "younger" sister would have a hoot in St. John US Virgin Islands.

A family woulkd need a modest villa.
Check out www.vivacations.com

ask for angie.

In Puerto Rico go where celebs like Jo Lo and Ricky Martin and others go: Old San Juan.

Check out this place for a greeat villa rental:
www.caletarealty.com