St. Lucia: Stonefield or TiKaye???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everytime I think I find THE place to stay I stumble upon another!

These 2 are both in my price range (although if I could find a steal for Jalousie I'd jump on it!) and look pretty nice from the online photos.

Anybody a seasoned St. Lucia travler? I really don't mind out of the way, quiet, restorative, lazy type of vacation. For that reason I'm bypassing the all inclusives (kids! *shudder*). I may or may not rent a car if I want to see more of the island so i'm not too worried about isolation.

Do these resorts offer beautiful accomodations (pictures do sometimes lie afterall!) in a quiet setting with top notch staff?

If you stayed at one (or both) should I ask for something particular about the room I request? (Bad experience on Virgin Gorda but I digress). I am going by myself and I find that they plop singles in less desirable rooms even though I technically pay more to enjoy that room.

Or *gasp* if someone has another property that sounds like it would fill my bill I can look at that too.

Thanks!!
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 08:01 PM

Just to confuse you more....we stayed at the Windjammer landing in a one bedroom villa (with plunge pool) and felt in the lap of luxury! The resort is isolated, but has every activity you can think of. American Airlines Vacations was running a special at the time (September); you might get on the AAVacations website and see what they have.
Old Jan 3rd, 2004, 08:04 PM
Original Poster

**sob**
---------------------------------------
Message: Just to confuse you more....we stayed at the Windjammer landing
----------------------------------------
I was considering Windjammer earlier in the day but forget why I decided against it. Back to look at the web site again.

Also, I'm a Delta super-duper-overthetopin miles flyer so I'm flying them free of charge. Finally a place they go in the Caribbean that I'd want to go.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Also try Priceline. Every once in a while I see Jalousie come up on biddingfortravel.com for $100 a night.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 01:38 PM

We're going to Ti Kaye for our hm. Although we have obviously NOT been there yet I have only hear wonderful things. I have talked to a few people who have been there. They have all told me that what you see is what you get. The pics on-line tell the truth. Of course, the actual views are much better in person.

good luck,
d.