St Lucia in April - where to eat?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll be staying at the Windjammer and are hoping to have memorable meals... do you have any suggestions? Although we have the kids with us (11, 13), we love good food.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 01:11 PM

Hi, Illaros. We spent 9 days at the Windjammer this past February. It was wonderful. You will all have a great time. In case you're not aware, the all-inclusive is $85/day per person. I went with my husband and son and we opted not to take the all-inclusive. Considering that we did eat most of our meals (lunch and dinner) at the resort and purchased breakfast type foods at the little mart on site our total bill was 1/2 of what the all-inclusive would have been for a family of 3 (including alcohol). Couple of restaurants in the surrounding area you must try, although expensive, but well worth it is the Coal Pot in Castries, the Buzz in Rodney Bay, and Spinnacker's (Sp?). The food at the resort is relatively good, especially at the Jammer's Bar and Embers grill down by the beach for salads, sandwiches, burgers, etc. The Upper Deck is also good and Papa Don's for Italian. I didn't particularly like Dragon Fly (their "upscale&quot restaurant. I felt it was not worth the price. Portions were very small. Believe me, if you go to the Coal Pot you will not be disappointed in the presentation as well as the yummy food. Again, you will have a fabulous time, there is something for everyone here. We went the busiest week of the year, there were people of all ages and all were having a great time. Feel free to e-mail me if you hae any questions.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 02:04 PM

Excellent rewiews for The Great House, #3 Carib. favorite in a travel mag. poll.
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

Squiggy - I'd love advice on what are the 'not miss' activities. We'll be there for 8 days around Easter.
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:24 AM

Dear Illaros. There is a tour desk in the lobby at the Windjammer where you can book all sorts of tours. We did an all day tour with a mix of all the tours available. It was on the expensive side, but hey, you're on vacation, right? It was called the Soufriere Special. You take an open-top jeep tour to the Pitons, stopping along the way. You visit the Torille Waterfall, botanic gardens, volcano, rainforest, etc. You have lunch at the Ladera, which is a beautiful resort right between the Pitons. You return to Windjammer via catamaran, with a stop at Anse Cochon Bay for snorkeling. There is also a Pirate Cruise, which I think is on Fridays. It leaves out of Rodney Bay. The ship is called the Brig Unicorn, from what I understand it was the ship from the films Roots and Pirates of the Caribbean. We did not take it, but we have some friends who have taken it on a previous vacation (they have a timeshare at the Windjammer) and said it was fun. You can see the ship leaving the bay from the beach. My e-mail address is [email protected] if you want to e-mail me directly.