St Lucia Airfare

Jul 9th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Theresa

St Lucia Airfare

We're having difficulty finding a good airfare for the Xmas/NYE week in St. Lucia. So far, I've found $770 roundtrip from Atlanta. I've searched for charters with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Theresa

Jul 9th, 2002, 10:57 AM
cdt

Christmas Week is a bitch. Have you checked Air Jamaica air/hotel packages?

Jul 9th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Monica

Just booked for 2nd week of August...yes, rates are much better during low season, but have your T/A book air through a charter and land elsewhere..also, charters fly direct.
Good luck.

Jul 9th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Monica

Forgot to mention (and yes, you mentioned that you've looked into charters) that charter was booked through Apple vacations and land price through American Airlines'.

Jul 23rd, 2002, 05:58 AM
Theresa

land price? We're renting a villa so I just need airfare. Will any of these charters just let you buy the airfare. Apple doesn't let you book just airfare on line I know.

T.

Jul 23rd, 2002, 07:51 AM
Monica

Theresa:
True, you can't book air-only on-line through Apple, but check with your travel agent. As already said, we booked air & land separate and although both were booked with t/a, they should not have a problem with booking air only for you, even at greatly discounted rate. Good luck, Monica

Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:02 AM
Nancy

From Atlanta, you should be able to find something for between $400 to $600, but the airlines take advantage of people planning vacations ahead of time for Christmas.
The only way I know of to get around it is to put off getting airfare until later in the year, but then you have to worry about it the whole time.
Usually the airlines will have fare specials if they are not booking up, so keep trying. Good luck.

Aug 11th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Michael

We tracked the air from Dallas to St Lucia for September for several months and finally purchased it at $675 per person...originally was $925. Did better on our own then through the travel agent.