Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

St. Kitts: Weekend dancing or music near Timothy's Beach Resort?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2006, 09:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are going to spend 6 nights on St. Kitts in February. 8-) Thanks to advice from you all it will be a great trip!

We have 3 nights at Timothy's Beach Resort and 3 nights at Ottley's Plantation Inn on St. Kitts. We arrive on a Saturday afternoon and don't pick up our car til the next morning.

Please tell me what are the best places to go for fun music, dancing, and friendly people, where all ages fit in? (We are over 40...) Doesn't need to be fancy, we love places with some local flavor.

I have printed out all your great info from my other post. But there are some places I remember reading about somewhere else, but I'm not sure where.

So, has anybody heard of a place within an easy drive of Timothy's where they have freshly caught fish laid out on a table, and guests choose their dinner, which is cooked up for them. There is also dancing, on a beach I think, and it's either Saturday or Sunday night. Sound familiar? I think it's popular with locals.

Any other suggested places for Saturday or Sunday night are appreciated. Please let me know which places are within walking distance of Timothy's, and which places are a short drive.

For our 3 nights at Ottley's, we will have a car for the first 2 nights, but they will be weekday nights. Our package doesn't include any meals. Any suggestions for evening dinner/entertainment? In the day-time we will enjoy the pool, take a rainforest tour, and...ummm...we'll come up with something romantic to do!

Thanks everybody!
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 12:24 PM

Best places for fun music, dancing and friendly people:

Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack. www.mrxshiggidyshack.com

The restaurant you are referring to is either Fisherman's Wharf located across the street from Ocean Terrance Inn in Basseterre or Sprat Net located on Old Road.

Other restaurants to try are Turtle Beach Bar & Grill www.turtlebeach1.com
Rock Lobster next to St. Christopher Club, and Stonewalls located in Basseterre.

Highly recommend Ocean Terrace Inn's famous West Indian Buffet and steel band show. Great way to spend the evening. Steel band show was awesome. The only place we could find a "true" West Indian meal!

I did a tour of Ottley's and it is very romantic!

Highly recommend a rainforest tour with Greg's Safaris. www.gregssafaris.com

Took his tour and found him very knowledgeable and personable.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM

We had a great day at Turtle Beach Bar and Grill. The food was good and we hung out on the beach with Wilbur, the pig, and some goats. One even licked DH's foot and woke him up! Dinner at Marshalls was also excellent. A sunset sail with snorkeling was great, too.
Old Feb 1st, 2006, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the fun suggestions, skbfan and hokie90!

If anybody else has any ideas, please chime in.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 01:24 PM

Be sure to visit Brimstone Hill Fortress and Romney Manor.

The catamaran/snorkel excursion to Nevis is lots of fun. www.bluewatersafaris.com

or kayaking/snorkeling with Turtle Tours. Contact them at [email protected]

There are lots of restaurants near Timothy Beach Resort. Here are some of my favourites:

Shiggidy Shack
PJ's
Rock Lobster
Oasis Sports Bar
Island Spice
Marshall's
Gourmet Galley

Short drive:
Turtle Beach Bar & Grill
Shipwreck's Beach Bar

In Basseterre:
Serendipity (next to OTI)
Waterfalls at OTI
Fisherman's Wharf (across from OTI)
Ballahoo's
Stonewall's
Circus Grill

Old Road:
Sprat Net

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 01:25 PM

Be sure to post a Trip Report when you return and say hi to everyone at The Shack for me!

LIZ
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

I can now answer my own question since we are back from the lovely friendly island of St. Kitts in the laid-back Caribbean. Despite our research and also asking at our hotel, we didn't find any live music or dancing on St. Kitts! Not unless you count Kareoke night at Mr. X's Shiggidy Shack. However we didn't try Ocean Terrace Inn, which I notice mentioned above.

So if you are looking for dancing and live music on St. Kitts, it's an iffy project!

However despite this one disappointment, we had a great trip.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 01:59 PM

If you're looking for live music definitely visit Ocean Terrace Inn on Friday night for their steel band show.

It was fantastic!