St. John's All-Inclusives?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any nice all-inclusives on St. John's? Having a bit of trouble finding any. Planning a trip at the end of September and really looking for a beautiful place to snorkel right off of the beach. Any and all comments will be appreciated...positive or negative.

Thanks so much.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 03:51 PM

I do not think that St John has any AL's but Caneel Bay Resort might and is very nice.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 06:30 PM

There are no AI on St. John. There are only 2 resorts, Caneel Bay and the Westin.
Old Jun 19th, 2005, 07:07 PM

For snorkeling off the beach-Caneel Bay would be the choice.
Caneel is as close to an AI as you're going to get on St. John. You can choose a meal plan, which I would not recommend; breakfast is great, but other meals are very average for the cost. Not to mention, Cruz Bay has excellent restaurants.
Check out their website: Caneelbay.com, which lists packages to choose to from, including daily rates with no add-ons. The site will also list what is complimentary, i.e. snorkeling gear, sailboats/sunfish’s, and much more.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for the info. Can I ask you three what your travel arrangements were to get to St. John's? All the flights that I've come across are 8+ hours. Do you have any advice or tips? I don't want to waste half the day on a plane when I could be on the beach.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 08:48 AM

Where are you coming from?
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 08:51 AM

Look for nonstop flights to St. Thomas. You'll find them from major hubs, but mostly in the East and Midwest. From St. Thomas, you take a ferry from Red Hook (about 10 or 15 minutes). The transfer from the airport to Red Hook takes maybe 30 minutes or less, depending on traffic. Caneel has its own private ferry, which is faster.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 09:06 AM
KVR

There are AI hotels on St. Thomas. We stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay on their AI plan. Bolonga Bay and the Marriott also have AI options. The Wyndham has a nice smallish beach. It is some what rocky, so not great for swimming, but excellant for snorkeling. It is also close to Sapphire Beach and Coki Beach.

We did a day trip to St. John. It's quite easy to get there. Just take the ferry over. Most people prefer St. John over St. Thomas, but we found St. John too quite. It is quite beautiful though.

We flew out of Houston, TX at 7:00am, had to change plans in Miami and landed in St. Thomas at 3:00pm. It took 45 minutes for the luggage to arrive at the conveyer belt and another 20 minutes to get everybody on the shuttle to the hotel.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Sunnyboy

to suntzu18 - just to clarify a point, the island I assume you are asking about is St. John in the USVI. St. Johns (with the "s&quot is the capital city of Antigua and is about 200+ miles further south. Make sure who ever makes your travel arrangements doesn't confuse the two islands. That could, but not necessarilly, account for the seeming long travel times you are finding. Without knowing where you are coming from it's hard to tell. One last point, September is smack dab in the middle of hurricane season in the Caribbean and many resorts and restaurants are closed or operate with limited staff.