St. John Villas - Any Suggestions???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning a trip to St. John for the week after Thanksgiving, we have been there before and stayed at Drakes View (Bordeux Mtn.) Does anyone have any good Villa suggestions??? NOT CRUZ BAY !! My budget is in the 2k range for 2 people.
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 06:41 AM

Hi, How about gift hill about 15 min. from cruz bay????Have only stayed on that side of island 3 times in villa.... last time being last may for 3 wks. at cielovista villa carefreegetaway's.com newer villa Gorgeous views & pool! under 2K also stjohncielovista.com.... Good Luck!!
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

I was considering Villa Capiz ( which is not available for the week we want to go) but carefreegetaways recommended Cielovista, which is right next to Capiz. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that the care takers might be there. how "private" is that???
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 02:38 PM

We have been to St. John twice, and I would recommend any of Donald Schnell's properties. My husband and I and three other couples shared the accommodations at his property called Beach Villa. You can see it at http://www.donaldschnell.com We loved the palm tree planted in the center of the swimming pool! He has other larger and smaller rentals available. Donald's studio is located at Mongoose Bay on St. John.
Another time we stayed at Hummingbird Hill up on the hill overlooking Cruz Bay. It was absolutely beautiful.
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 11:19 AM

I just returned from St. John last week. I met the owner of a villa, while I was on the Ferry to St. Thomas. It's in your budget range, and looks nice.
www.happyourstjohn.com
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM

Hi There, Yes the owners are sometimes under cielo vista. We met them last may, we were told they would'nt be on the island when we booked but they were there 2 of the 3 wks. we stayed. They were a geat couple They came up to introduce themselves first day, Nancy & Chris from NY. We were a little concerned also about privacy but they did'nt bother us! They came up a few times to check out water supply ect. maybe two times & we would strike up a conversation,we were interested in thier stories of building the great villa! They even took us out to eat at Shipwrecks landing before they left for home. I must say it felt like if we wanted family there we could find them & go down below to chat, that's how nice they were! But we did tell them as soon as they left we'd be jumping in the pool in our birthday suits!!!LOL They kinda figured that, was thier response! I still do like to be on our own...... But would probably go back if not to stay but to visit them!Also felt safer with them there! Anyway we'll be back there next spring & are looking for villa in that price range......we'll be in anguilla this may. also stayed at coconuts on gift hill, did'nt like layout& another one in chocholate hole intimate sea, than it was sundance.....small plunge pool. Good Luck & have Fun!!!!!!
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 03:02 PM

I have stayed in 2 great villas that are in your price range (under 2K) BUT, we went in June (low season)... We really like the area around chocolate hole/devers bay. Not too far from cruz bay...

Iguanna inn
http://stjohnhouserentals.com/iguana-inn.htm

and Mampoo Hill (primitive, but RIGHT on the water)
http://www.caribbeanrentalhomes.com/mampoo/mampoo.htm

Also look at Beit Hawa.
http://www.cateredto.com/villas/Beithawa/beithawa.htm
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 08:38 PM

We just came back from a 1 week cruise via St. Thomas followed by 1 week at Westin Villas. Picked up a great deal online for a time share that was in your price range. rented a car and came home only to sleep and pack up for the next day following a little supper. It was a great condo, quiet, well appointed, and with full 5* service on the side. We would definately go back to the time shares again and LOVED St. John.. Would not however consider staying in the hotel - too crowded, noisy, and some construciton going on.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 08:48 AM

violu24,
We are thinking about staying at Drake's View for our trip to St. John this September. I would like to hear your take on this villa....is there a reason you won't be staying there again? Did you find any spiders, scorpions or other creepy, crawling things while there? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 06:45 PM
Original Poster

hi, mia. we just want to try a different villa. The view at Drakes was amazing, it is very private, but easy to get. We had a resident salamander but he never bothered us. Only negative: the pool could have been better placed. we hardly used it. I definately reccommend it ! Have a great trip!