Search

St John Villas

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 07:33 AM
Carissa

St John Villas

Has anyone stayed at (or has any advice on) any of these villas in St John: Caribe Villa, Seawatch or Beyond the Sea? We are considering these for our Honeymoon... Thank you!!

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 04:55 PM
Nancy

Caribe Villa and Seawatch are located in the Gift Hill area, which is not my favorite because it is a little inland and the view is more distant and higher than I like. <BR> <BR>Beyond the Sea is located on the tip of Maria Bluff, which is a great area, but the villa does not have a/c in the bedrooms. Does that matter? <BR> <BR>We try to stay with villas that have a/c in the bedrooms just for extra insurance against heat, humidity, or mosquitos. However, Beyond the Sea is located at the very tip of the peninsula and should get wonderful breezes. The view should be out to sea with St. Thomas to your right. <BR> <BR>Have you considered Dream Sea Villa, also handled by Caribbean Villas and Resorts. This villa as a pool, hot tub, and a/c in the bedrooms and the view of Great Cruz Bay is a little more interesting view full of sailboats. Dream Sea is located in the same area as Beyond the Sea, just not as far out on the peninsula. It is an excellent neighborhood. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 07:47 AM
Carissa

Nancy - Thank you SO much for your information! (I'm assuming you meant Dream Catcher - I couldn't find Dream Sea?) Dream Catcher looks wonderful and I don't know how I missed it...! <BR> <BR>Have you stayed there before? Is it as quiet, private and secluded as it states? Do you know if a jeep rental would be a must to get there; or are taxi's sufficient? (I'd rather rent a vehicle for a day to visit beaches and not for the whole week.) <BR> <BR>I can't thank you enough for the recommendation! I was a little leary about no A/C also... <BR> <BR>Thanks much!

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 10:22 AM
Nancy

Carissa-You are right--I meant Dream Catcher. <BR> <BR>I haven't stayed there, but we have stayed in the same general area and the Maria Bluff peninsula is great and the view of Great Cruz Bay is fabulous. <BR> <BR>If you rent a villa, you will need a car rental. The beaches on the south shore do not compare with the north shore beaches, which is where you will want to spend your days. Each morning we load up our car with beach chairs, ice chest, towels, snacks, and snorkeling equipment and head for the "beach of the day." We usually return to our villa for a late lunch grilled by the pool and spend the afternoons floating in our pool, drinking pina coladas, and listening to Jimmy Buffett on the stereo. <BR> <BR>If you want to e-mail me directly, I can point you to some of our favorite villas. Be sure to let me know when you will be vacationing and your budget. <BR> <BR>You will love St. John.

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 06:13 PM
waggie

Yes, A/C in the bedrooms is a good idea. And, be sure to rent a villa with your own private pool! Staying within a 15 minute drive from Cruz Bay is a good idea. And, yes, a jeep is essential no matter where you stay. There's so many places to go that taking a taxi would be much too limiting.