Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Radisson Cable Beach All-Inclusive or not?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1969, 04:00 PM
kim

Re: wheelchairs<BR><BR>My dad was also resistant to the wheelchair proposition. After much cajoling we got him to try it out at Disney World and it was great. He wouldn't onsider going somewhere like that without it. We then went to DC a year ago and again he was hesitant. i went ahead and rented it and told him that it was up to him. Again he used it and was very happy he did. It isn't easy for them to accept, I know. But it is even harder when they feel left behind or that they are holding everyone up.<BR><BR>You might want to check with your hotel, some have wheelchairs available for use by their guests. Or you might want to at least know where you can rent one for the weekend if necessary.<BR><BR>i would also say the on/off bus tour is a good way to go. We did something similar in DC and it really helped alot!

Judy

Ellen - we are making the decision now when we are coming. I think it is going to be the end of April (last weekend of our school vacation, and I think, mild enough weather for my parents).<BR>Any ideas on the transportation?

xxx

I haven't found the streets of Manhattan to be wheelchair friendly. Let's not try and force dad in a wheelchair. I'm sure it is a dignity issue and let's certainly not shame him into it (Dad is holding everyone up).

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 04:04 PM
Sheila

We are a family of three staying at the Radisson Cable Beach resort in June. Didn't know if the All-Inclusive is worth the extra price. I think we will like to eat at a nice restaurant off the grounds some. Would it be cheaper to pay for meals as we go? Need Advice!

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 07:31 PM
Lenore

If you're not big drinkers...I think it may be cheaper if you dont take the a/i! <BR>The restaurants there are decent, but there are others outside that are really nice as well and you are locked in if you take the a/i...also the buffets for breakfast and lunch are fairly reasonable and so is the pool grill area! The non-motorized sports stuff is available whether you take the a/i or not! The a/i also limits you to one selection only in each restaurant, so if you cant decide between two appetizers or desserts, etc...you will have to pay extra or order just one! Not that most need to have all that food, but a true all inclusive will allow you to explore and sample whatever! Not true here! If you have any other questions, email me! Good Luck!

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 04:13 AM
Lee

Sheila: About a year ago, I suggested Aruba to a couple who were looking for an island for their honeymmoon. I suggested they not go all-inclusive, but they did. They didn't really enjoy themselves they said, staying drunk most of the time and not going away from the resort except to catch a plane. <BR> <BR>In that case, all-inclusive works. I don't much care for it because I like to get out an explore the local culture, otherwise, why not just spend the weekend at the local Red Roof Inn? <BR> <BR>In Nassau, I would suggest not going all-inclusive. Go downtown and eat there, visit the Straw Market and get your snacks from the Winn-Dixie supermarket since the hotels are expensive. Eat at the Cafe' Johnny Canoe just two hotels down at the Hotel Nassau Beach. Good food and service and reasonable. <BR> <BR>Have a good time.

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 05:06 AM
lin delamaine

We went last year and I think that it depends not only on how much you like to eat (full breakfast, full lunch, full dinner) and drink but also on how much you want to spend. I found it very expensive - example, wings and a salad at a "typical" restaurant was $18. If you want to go into town and eat local food it is relatively reasonable. Again, it depends on relative budget