Reload this Page >

SURFING IN THE CARIBBEAN

Search

SURFING IN THE CARIBBEAN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 05:06 AM
sheila

SURFING IN THE CARIBBEAN

My husband and I are plannin g a trip to St. Lucia in May. Does anyone know if there is surfing on the Southern end of the island - or perhaps on a neighboring island? Just an afterthought after I planned the trip. Thanks for a response!

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 11:48 AM
Juli

Sheila, <BR> <BR>I am going in April and I had the same question. I will post when I get back if we find anything. My boyfriend is a surf nut. We were going to take a hopper to Barbados. It's fairly inexpensive via Liat Air and there are great surf spots on the east coast (i.e. Soup Bowl). If you hear anything before April 8th would you mind dropping me an E-mail! <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Juli

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 03:15 PM
sheila

Hi Julie - How much,if you don't mind me asking is the "hopper"? My husband is a workaholic and if I can figure out something reasonable for him to surf he may relax and enjoy this trip! If you come across any info please let me know. Thanks so much! By the way, where are you staying in St. Lucia? - We booked at Ladera. Sheila

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 04:22 AM
Diane

Sheila: We're staying at Anse Chastenet the end of April. I, too, would be interested in the cost of the "hopper". Do you know if we have to make reservations in advance? Thanks.

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 04:35 AM
sheila

Hi Diane! I have tried to find info on where to surf and "how much" I keep hitting dead ends. If you find anything please post it. Thanks! Sheila

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 05:47 AM
juli

Sheila, <BR> <BR>We didn't book the hopper but it was reasonable. I can't remember the exact price. If you call Liat they should be able to tell you. Try this website http://Caribbean-Connection.com/stlucia/airlines.html. The flight left early in the morning and returned early evening. You would probably need to rent a car. There is only one place that rents boards in Barbados. Try to find them under www.bsasurf.org. It may be of some help. I spoke with a gentlemen there a while back and he told us to call him when we got there and he would give us the hot spot. The shop is towards the south end of the island I believe. I am also staying at the Ladera. I'll be there from April 8-15. Let me know if you have any other questions. <BR> <BR>Juli