St John - jeep

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 04:03 PM
Janet

St John - jeep

HI,

My husband and I are going to St. John in November. I know that we want to rent a jeep for a few days.

Should I reserve one in advance or wait until we get there? Anyone have any suggestions as to who to rent from (or not).

Thanks,

Janet

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 04:22 AM
Pamela

I would rent in advance, especially around holiday's or high season.
Following are a couple of url's with some of the rental companies on St. John:
http://www.stjohnguidebook.com/trans.htm
or http://stjohnusvi.com/rentals.html

Enjoy your trip-

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Sherri

We used Courtesy Car Rentals last March
when we were there. Very pleased with
the service and friendly owner Greg.
www.courtesycarrental.com 340-776-6650

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 11:46 AM
Charlie

Janet November is still the off season on St.John and you'll have no problem getting a jeep without advance reservations. In fact by waiting until arrival,I've found,you generally can bargin for a better rate.I was there last October and the weekly rate was $365. On arrival as we exited the ferry there were a few gentlemen from different car rentals greeting the passengers and soliciting rentals(a little competition never hurts)and we rented a Geo Tracker(automatic) for $300 per week.Daily rental is about $60 so you may want to go with a weekly(7 day) rental, it's a better bargain.Have a great trip !!!!

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 06:18 PM
Gerie

You don't say where you are staying, but if it's not in one of the two resorts on St. John, you might want to rent from an agency on St. Thomas which will allow you to pick up your jeep when you arrive and get your stuff over to St. John without dealing with taxis and ferries and then drive back again when you leave. Two agencies that let you go between islands are Discount and Budget.