Search

St John Island Safety

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St John Island Safety

We are scheduled to go to St John and stay at Canell Bay for our honeymoon on 10/2/2003. I have heard mixed reviews about the safety of the US Virgin Islands at night. Does anyone know about the safety of St John specifically at night? Can you walk around the resort at night? We don't want to go to a place that is unsafe. The feedback I have received about the USVI is probably more applicable to St Thomas and St Croix than St John. Help! I need a reply by Thursday 9/18. Thanks!!!!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 09:57 AM

We just got back from St. Johns only there 2 nights. I certainly felt Very safe. Wonderful place. Good luck and Congrats!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 10:21 AM

I've vacationed on all three USVI and have never felt unsafe. You have of course picked the quietest and the safest of the three major islands of the USVI to honeymoon on so you have even less to worry about.
You can definitely walk around Caneel in the evening and feel safe. I've walked around Cruz Bay alone at 1 in the morning and have not had any problems at all.
Like any place else, be aware of your surrounding and use common sense but most of all have a great honeymoon!!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 11:12 AM

Was just in St. John and have been many times. Don't worry... it's extremely safe.
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 11:34 AM

Ditto to what everyone else has said. Its very safe. Use common sense like you would anywhere else and you'll be fine. Enjoy!
Old Sep 16th, 2003, 01:06 PM

I have been to St. John a number of times and have always felt safe. On one occasion my husband and I were enjoying a few cocktails at Woody's. There was a Naval ship in port so many of the sailors were also at Woody's. We were having so much fun that we lost track of time. When we tried to get a cab to bring us back to the Westin there wasn't a cab to be found. A nice police officer driving by offered to give us a ride back to the hotel. All in all a very fun and safe place to vacation.