Reload this Page >

St. John...best beaches & restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:33 AM
vickie

We're planning to visit St. John for a couple of day trips while vacationing in St. Thomas. Can anyone suggest the best and/or least crowded beaches and some good cafes/restaurants we should go to while in St. John?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 10:53 AM
nancy

hi vickie... we LOVED 9(and you should not miss) Stone Terrace. We also really really liked Paradiso, Cafe Wahoo and Morgan's Mango. Seriously, the food at all of these 4 were terrific and we had some of the best meals in a long time! enjoy

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Ginger-St. Thomas

I live on St. Thomas. Trunk Bay in St. John is good but so is nearly every beach there. You can't go wrong.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Laura

My husband and I were married in St. Thomas in December 2000. By far our favorite restaurant experience was Asolare on St. John. It is run (and maybe owned) by the same people who run Paradiso and Le Chateau de Bordeaux, two other reportedly excellent restaurants, although we did not eat there. You will need to take an open air cab from the port to Asolare. It is very close (less than a mile or so) but up an incredibly steep and narrow road. Don't be fooled by the exterior on the way to the restaurant; the open air view of Cruz Bay is breathtaking, particularly at sunset. The food is Pacific Rim fusion and outstanding. For food quality and atmosphere, this place can't be beat.

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 09:45 PM
e

Just rent a jeep and drive the North Shore beaches. Stop and check them all out. My favorite is the Oppenheimer section of Hawksnest. But, yours may be another. Good Luck--oh I forgot restaurants, we like Morgans Mango and the Lime Inn and Woody's for Happy Hour.Good Luck !!