Search

St. John Beaches

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:15 AM
lmcm

St. John Beaches

What are the best beaches in St. John and BVI for someone who loves the beach. No need for snorkeling, but would like restrooms, and possibly snackbar, beach chairs available, and easy access?

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM
hi

Trunk Bay and Hawksnest both have restroom facilities and I know that Trunk bay has a snack bar for sure

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:40 AM
Patty

Cinnamon also has restrooms, showers, chair rentals, snack bar and is usually less crowded than Trunk.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:08 PM
Julie

You won't find any beaches on St. John that have beach chairs unless you stay at Caneel or the Westin and even then I'm not sure. Trunk, Cinnamon and Little Maho have the most facilities but they're also the busiest. Trunk Bay is absolutely gorgeous and the nicest beach on St. John but I'd suggest staying away on days that lots of cruise ships dock in St. Thomas (Saturday is usually the best bet for avoiding cruise ship crowds). <BR><BR>Other beaches with restrooms (usually just an outhouse) include Hawksnest, Francis Bay, Salt Pond and Little Lameshur. The last two or three on this list get the least traffic.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 07:03 PM
Andrea

I don't recommend Cinnamon Bay. The restrooms are kind of dank and didn't strike me as particularly clean. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it!

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:19 PM
RichF

St. John has absolutely awesome beaches. They are not extremly long and wide, but water calmness, clearity and color is exceptional. <BR><BR>Trunk Bay is bueatiful! You can see great northshore beaches from Honeymmoon, Solomon, Caneel, Hawknest and Gibney Bays. Cinnamon, Maho and Francis Bays are great also.<BR><BR>In the BVI try Peter Island's Deadmans Bay - Wow, it is postcard stuff. Also try Cane Garden Bay, Brewers Bay and Long Bay Beef - East on Tortola, White Bay on Jost and Spring Bay and Little Trunk bay on Virgin Gorda.