St.John

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 04:47 PM
Ken

St.John

We will be spending a week on St. John . Any suggestions on where to eat? Has anyone taken the all day trip to Jost Van Dyke? Thanks.

Old Oct 11th, 1999, 08:45 AM
debra

Ken, check out the posting by Rachel entitled, "Just returned from St. John" on the next page of postings. It has just the type of information you're looking for... FYI--we went in June and took the snorkling day trip via Prestigious Yachts and had a fabulous time. I would highly recommend them.

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 02:03 PM
aellis

Ditto on Debra's reply. I actually copied/pasted all the info into documents, printed and will use on our trip in early November. Of course, I don't think I can eat in every place recommended, but will definately do Bordeau and Skinny Legs and as many as possible in between.

Old Oct 13th, 1999, 01:04 PM
debra

You must try to eat at Paradiso in Mongoose Junction while you are on the island. The food is great and the service is friendly and helpful. The restaurant is owned by the same people who own Asolare and Chateau Bordeaux--which are also wonderful. Paradiso is the most informal of the bunch (although everything is pretty informal on the island) and relatively affordable. The best "cheap" restaurant is Fish Trap (in my opinion). Have a great time and email me if you have any specific questions.

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 11:29 AM
Bobby

I go to the Caribbean almost every year,
believe me that wherever you go in the Virgin Islands it is gorgeous....the food....nothing really spectacular but the locals know how to cook.... Just go ...relax....the sun...the sand....gorgeous.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 10:49 AM
Wendy

Ken:

I was to Joist Van Dyke on a sailboat 2 years ago. I loved the quaint little island. Don't miss it!

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 10:49 AM
Wendy

Ken:

I was to Jost Van Dyke on a sailboat 2 years ago. I loved the quaint little island. Don't miss it!