Anguilla ???

Old Oct 13th, 1999, 08:32 PM
Carole

Anguilla ???

When visiting St. Martin we plan to go to Anguilla for the day. Are there topless or clothing optional beaches there? Is it worth the trip? Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 09:39 AM
Diane

Anguilla is a bit more sedate than St Martin, but we noticed some topless on Shoal Bay. Some beaches are more isolated and you could probably go C/O.

Old Oct 14th, 1999, 09:40 AM
Diane

Should have completed my thought -- it is definitely worth the trip. We went TWICE. Once via the ferry from Marigot, and once on a catamarin trip for snorkeling and lunch.

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 04:34 AM
lance

Carole:
We took the ferry from st.martin to
Anguilla and hired a taxi to go to
the beach, i think it was Shoal.
Anguilla has the best and most beautiful
beaches in the Caribean according to
Caribean travel and life Magazine. Enjoy.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 04:26 PM
Joe

We were in the same position as you 11 years ago. We had spent many years on St. Martin and then visited Anguilla. We fell in love with the island and have been going there every year since.
The beaches are the best in the Carribean and the hotels and villas are magnificent. Make sure your tour includes Cap Juluca and Meads Bay as well as Shoals Bay which everyone selects for a day trip. I guarantee that you will be amazed by the elegance.
Joe