Notices

St. Croix - sailing day trips???

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Croix - sailing day trips???

Hello all - My husband and I are traveling to St. Croix with another couple in November. We've been to many islands and always enjoy a day trip with snorkeling, usually on a small sailing ship or catamaran. I've been all over the web and can't seem to find much about such trips in St. Croix. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Old Jun 27th, 2007, 01:56 PM
owa

Google" day trips to Buck Island". Owa

Old Jun 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM

Big Beard has been a charter service for such trips, specializing in Buck Island, for many years. I believe they are still in business and get rave reviews. Not the booze cruise type of trip.
Old Jun 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Hi - I just returned from there last month and have to say I disagree with the post about Big Beard. We did a lot of research on sailing trips and feel that charter is that type of trip. If you and your husband like more of a "party" atmosphere then you'd probably have a great time with Big Beard. But if you want a different experience and not the typical tourist type then we highly recommend Belinda Charters with Captain Dee. Dee was fantastic and you felt you were sailing with a friend. I don't know if she always goes to the same places but just so you know, she did not go to Buck Island when we were out,which most of them do. If you're up for doing two trips then I say do both (Buck Island was awesome!). We went out with Buck Island Charters, Capt. Heinz on the TERORO II.

Where are you staying there?
Old Jul 2nd, 2007, 06:31 AM

We like Teroro the best to Buck Island. However, if you want a small sailing charter option, I would recommend DIVA out of Green Cay Marina. Smaller sailboat that holds six I believe. Nice captain, good boat.

Everyone on this and other boards have their favorites. Now at least you have lots of suggestions and can decide from researching them which best fits your needs/interests.
Old Jul 5th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks very much for the suggestions. We traded our Aruba timeshare to stay at the Divi Carina Bay. We are planning on renting a vehicle since we do understand we are a bit off the beaten path. Any other suggestions for 2 fun mid-30's couples? We've been to many other islands and do try to enjoy more off-beat local type culture.

Thanks again!
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 07:15 PM

I'm planning a trip for my family for next April and am considering the following tour:

http://www.stxtantantours.com/

It gets good reviews.