St. Barth's hotel recommendation

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 02:48 PM
hattie

St. Barth's hotel recommendation

Can anyone recommend a hotel in St. Barth's that isn't in the $ 500.a day range..also what i the best way to get there from the East Coast and the Midwest?

many thanks

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Anon

When are you going because high vs. low season makes a difference in the price. Off hand, Village St. Jean, Tropical Hotel, Yuana Hotel would be in the $200 to $400/night range high season, lower in low season. If you're looking for a real bargain the El Sereno offers a great high season package with a garden view room, car, & continental breakfast for $1500 a week. Also, the Christopher Hotel has a package including car and breakfast for $280/night low season, probably about $450/night high season. Check www.wimco.com for more prices. Good luck!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Anon

I forgot--American airlines is probably your best bet from the Midwest, or possibly US Air. You would probably connect through Miami or San Juan and then onto St. Martin. From St. Martin to St. Bart's Winair is the most reliable airline.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Paul

Try Village St.Jean, Tropical, La Banane, Hostellerie des Trois Forces, El Sereno. Yuana has new owners and a new name - I forget what - but that's in the modest price range also.

From East Coast, best route is to fly to St. Martin and to catch Air Caraibes or Winair flight from there.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Mary

We tried a new place this year, we found it on the St Barth's web site. It is called "Bassin Laurent".
It was great, a luxury Bed and Breakfast in the countryside with an amazing view of the sea

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:18 AM
sue

Mary,

Which cottage did you stay in at Bassin Laurent? How would you describe it? Also, what town is Bassin Laurent closest to? Thanks.