Reload this Page >

Southhampton Princess or Waterloo house

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 01:04 AM
Anne

I'm looking for great accomadation, beautiful ocean/beach, pampering, some spa treatments, some entertainment, I just want to hang out by the beach/pool and relax!! Going on a vacation with my husband without kids for the first time since we started having them, 6 years ago. It doesn't have to be a small resort. Which would be better southhampton or waterloo? Or any other suggestions in the caribbean.

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 04:43 AM
curious

Waterloo house is extremely elegant and there are no kids there. It is small though, and I doubt you would find any spa services there. It is a beautiful, small hotel right in Hamilton. Some might find it stuffy. It's very old money. The food is excellent and rooms are gorgeous. There is no entertainment.<BR><BR> The Southhampton Princess is your run of the mill convention style big resort. You are across from the beach there with much easier access to the beach though, plus far more services and facilities. It's a much more casual atmosphere and they do have entertainment. I've been to both plus Elbow Beach, Cambridge Beaches and Castle Harbour. Of those I would chose Elbow Beach in a deluxe oceanfront room because it is right on a gorgeous beach, has beautiful landscaping, the new rooms are very nice and it definitely has the best location. Very close to Hamilton yet on the beach. We also checked out Ariel Sands which I think is where we would try next.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 05:41 AM
gwood

Absolutely a correct read on Waterloo versus Southampton. Opposite ends of the spectrum. I would highly recommend The Reefs. Small, secluded, best snorkeling beach in Bermuda, very private and very good food.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:32 AM
nina

gwood, The Reefs! That's where we had lunch and checked out the rooms and decided we would definitely stay next time, not Ariel Sands. I LOVED that place and it wil be our next stop when we visit Bermuda next, what a stunning setting. And the restaurants are delicious, not to mention the best views anywhere!

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 09:21 AM
lee

I agree with gwood and Nina - stay at the Reefs. Look on their website for more info. We get to Bermuda at least once a year and have stayed at SHP, has everything, very resort type, but the beach is not right outside your door, you take the hotels private trolley (2min ride) or walk down the steep hill to get to the beach. We are definitely staying at the Reefs for our 2002 trip, it just had some renovations done and it looks beautiful. Where ever you choose to stay in Bermuda will surely be wonderful!