Sorry to keep posting questions, but...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to decide by this weekend where I am going for my sweet 16 trip. This has lagged on since like October. I am stuck between Mariott St. Kitts, but I am concerned the water is not nice and is not blue. I really wanted to go to St. Lucia, but none of the resorts seem very family friendly, more honeymoon geared. I also really wanted to go to Barbados but I could not find a resort I liked that a lot of Americans visit. (I have been on vacations where Europeans travel and they are not the friendliest to Americans). I also was looking at Grand Cayman Beach Suites on 7 mile beach. I really wanted to zip-line but I am about to just go to Grand Cayman and zip line another time in my life. Can someone please tell me which island they prefer is best for adventure. And also please tell me good family resorts in St. Lucia and Barbados if you prefer those. Even a resort in Antigua.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Original Poster

I want white sand beaches
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM
KVR

Mexico. It has everything you are looking for.

Coconut Bay Resort in St. Lucia is family friendly, but that Island does not have white sand beachs.

The Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua. Get a suite, the lower catagory rooms are really small. Great pool.

We are looking at Barbados for August. I think we have decided on the South Gap hotel in St. Lawrence Gap. Really, you can't worry about other people on vacation enough to keep you away for a destination you want to see.

Grand Cayman is a great choice for white sand beaches and crystal clear water. Excellent snorkeling.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:54 AM

jamaica.bookit.com

around Negril plenty of americans zips water falls white beaches lots of teen action. cancun.bookit.com flatter and not really and island.St. James Club Antigua not as adventurous fewer US folkswww.almondresorts.com Morgan but beaches are browner.St. Kitts same. Grand Cayman flat nice beach lot sof US tourist not much adventure except for diving.
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 12:36 PM

Did you look at the Hilton in Barbados? We've been there five times and it has many Americans. Great pool area and huge beach, too!
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 03:19 PM

The beaches on St. Lucia are not white sand - they are darker because of the volcano I think and the sand is rougher...but it is a beautiful island. The Mariott on St. Kitts - the beach is on the Atlantic side, so the surf is bigger - but it is close to some very nice beaches...I would not label white sand....I believe there are folks on this board who are Barbados experts...out of the islands you listed, based on what you described, I'd try for Barbados or Antigua......good luck!
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 04:05 PM
KVR

I didn't find any zip lines in Barbados or Antigua.

Look at http://www.xplor.travel/ in Playa del Carmen, MX Great zipline park that offers other activities also.

You'll find more things to see and do that teens would enjoy in that area.

Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Mayan Ruins, Cenote swimming, caves.
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 04:34 AM

Antigua is a beautiful island that we have visited many times with our kids, older teens at that time. Check out Adventure Antigua X-treme tour and Jet Ski's at Sandals.

http://www.antiguarainforest.com/tours.htm