Small Resort

Old Feb 28th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Small Resort

My husband and I are looking for a 4 plus star resort but would prefer one on the smaller side (not 500 rooms etc). We are looking to spend about $3200 and would like all-inclusive. Can anyone recommend something other then The Caves.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 09:17 AM

Are you looking for something near Negril since that's where The Caves are located or are you looking to go somewhere else in the Caribbean?

The reason I ask is there are lots of places in the Caribbean and the Bahamas the fit your general description.

What specifically are you seeking in an island destination?

Also, is your budget of $3,200 for a week?
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

We aren't married to any specific location, but want to be able to get there within 3-5 hours from Philly. We are only thinking of going for 4 nights and want the total cost to include airfare.

Thanks for your reply! I look forward to your recommendations.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 09:58 AM

Check this thread; it seems to be a similar question and has a lot of responses:

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=5
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 10:33 AM

Nisbet Plantation Beach Club, Nevis. Last I knew, there was a direct flight PHL - Nevis? If not you have to take the direct to St. Kitts and then the ferry and the time will be more than five hours. In your price range for 4 - 5 nights, especially in the off season. Not AI but room includes breakfast, tea and dinner -- almost AI. So worth it. One of the best small Caribbean resorts ever.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM

There's no direct flight from PHL to NEV. Never has been - the airport runway is to short to handle commercial jets. OP would have to connect through San Juan, St. Martin or Antigua or fly into to St. Kitts and take a ferry.

Personally, with only 4 nights OP is better off going to an island she and husband can reach non-stop from PHL so they can maximize their time "on-island".

I'm not familar with flights out of PHL but she should look at Jamaica, the Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, St. Martin or Provo in the Turks & Caicos as possible destinations.