Single woman at Christmas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions where a single woman could go to in the Caribbean for Christmas? I'd like an all-inclusive, clean, nice beach and safe. I'm flying from Canada. I've already been to Cuba, Mexico and Bermuda.
Thanks.
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Sorry to be a pain...
Re-posting my message just in case...
Thanks!
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So much of the Caribbean is in chaos right now because of the hurricanes. If you want "safe", I'd suggest Aruba. There are great beaches and restaurants. and very low crime rate.
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Sunnyboy

There are several island destinations where a single woman will feel safe but I can't guarantee they will have an "all inclusive" resort. Check out the following islands to see if they appeal to you: St. John, Virgin Gorda, St. Kitts, Nevis and Anguilla.

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 05:56 AM

You may want to consider Provo, Turks&Caicos island. They have several all inclusives, however, there are so many great restruants not to miss. Our last trip there, we met a single women traveling, I applaud your effort for traveling alone. We stayed at the Coral Gardens in front of the coral reef which also appealed to the single traveler. Good luck and keep traveling!
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:12 AM

It's Christmas so you might want to splurge a tad more on yourself. Check out the luxe Horned Dorset Primavera on the west coast of Puerto Rico; La Banane in St.Barths;a small inn on one of the islands of Los Roques. None will be cheap (nothing is for Christmas and New Year's/ over the holidays). Each is idiosyncratic and not your typical A-I.
All have great personality, safe and beyond clean, of course.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:55 AM

If your budget's a bit tighter, Jake's in Treasure Beach, on Jamaica's South Coast in St. Elizabeth is on the comeback trail and reopens in November. It's funkier, more bohemian and laid back than most AIs, no problems with security or comfort factor for single women and might suit.
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 02:41 AM

Not sure I would recommend Provo if you have your heart set on an AI resort. The only AI's I know of on Provo are Beaches and Club Med.

You don't say how you feel about families and partying. My impression is that Beaches is a family with kids type of resort and Club Med is a party resort.

I would second the recommendation of Aruba, except I think the variety and quality of restaurants there makes an AI resort somewhat restrictive.

AIs tend to be few and far between on islands that have a lot of outside dining options.

If you've already done Mexico you might look into the Dominican Republic. Punta Cana, or La Romana would have a lot of AI resorts to choose from.

Good luck in your search...

Ken
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 02:36 PM

How about Hedonism in Jamaica?
http://www.superclubs.com/brand_hedonism/index.asp
Of course a more calm singles venu would be http://www.thesandsresort.com/single...caribbean.html
They are both for single people - that way you won't be surrounded by Honeymooners. I went to Atlantis in the Bahamas with a girlfriend of mine when I was single and it was a little depressing to be surrounded by them all and it's impossible to meet anyone.