Reload this Page >

Single Guy - where to go

Search

Single Guy - where to go

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 04:23 AM
singleguy

Single Guy - where to go

Any suggestions for a solo vacation. I'm 40 and would like not to spend vacation with "college breakers" or families. Looking for beautiful beaches, nightlife, not into hedo or Club Med. Would consider other AI's. Going soon, money not a problem.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:37 AM
anon

Try the Dominican Republic...lovely beaches,all inclusive hotels to fit every budget and discription..the only you thing you will have to worry about is fending off those gorgeous Dominican "working" girls.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:42 AM
johnno

When I was single in my late 30's, I went to St. Martin several times and always had a great time. There is a lot to do at night and, for the most part, you won't feel like you're a chaperone at a college party. Whether to go AI depends on your personality. It's definitely a whole lot easier to meet people at a Club Med or similar place because of the way the social events are "structured." However, a lot of people (including me) feel like that atmosphere is a little contrived. At a non-AI, you'll feel a little more "alone" but, if that doesn't bother you, that's the route that I would chose.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 06:44 AM
patty

Only have researched intensely w/o personally staying at either so, check out Fairmont Royal Pavillion in Barbados. Join Fairmont Club for free; may get deal. Also, check Point Grace in Turks & Caicos. Since price is not the issue, go to Expedia for "luxury travel" for great villas, etc. in Caribbean. Enjoy

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:16 AM
tivertonhouse

Rent Treasure Cot, where Alex Haley wrote parts of 'Roots', or Jack Sprat --the two private cottages at JAKE'S in Treasure Beach on the South Coast of Jamaica,2.5 hours from MoBay,Negril -- and lightyears away from what you'd rather avoid. For solo travellers, it's a convivial, stylee, laid-back place in an area of a half dozen untrammeled beaches --<BR>without AI sensibility. See islandoutpost.com and talk to Colleen at front desk on island directly. Nightlife here centers on Jake's, Fisherman's Bar, a few restaurants, but is not your standard<BR>resortfare. See www.treasurebeach.net for a good look at the area...lots to explore here as well.