Search

Sightseeing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 03:06 AM
Laura

Sightseeing?

We will be spending our honeymoon at Sandals Montego Bay from April 20-27. We are in our early twenties and are very active. Both of us would love to do some sightseeing while we are on the island, especially Dunn's River and the Falls. Would a tour booked through the resort be safe? Would anyone recommend this or should we stay put on the resort? I would appreciate any input. Reading this board has made me very nervous!

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Statia

Laura:<BR><BR>We did Dunn's River Falls thru the Wyndham Rose Hall Resort a few years ago and it was perfectly safe. Actually, my suggestion would be to do all your tours thru your hotel.<BR><BR>We are usually adventurous and do things on our own when we travel, but Jamaica is one place where we stuck with the "group tours." By all means, don't stay at the resort ALL the time. Join some tours that interest you and see the island. The hotel will have plenty of info for you.<BR><BR>Have fun. Don't forget to bring your camera to the falls....you'll be shocked at the great photos you'll get.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Kim

Just returned from there and loved it. Great active resort. Wonderful staff and the playmakers are the greatest. The food is very good and the beach is wonderful. if you book the tours through the resort you have nothing to worry about, enjoy the excursions its a way to see the island. We did the Martha Brie<BR>rafting and loved it very relaxing. We have been to a few of the other Sandals and have done quite a few tours. feel free to email me if you have any ?'s.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 04:26 AM
tivertonhouse

Recommended: Hire a private guide/driver (ours are already booked for that time period) for two through Sandals rather than do the tourbus thing. You'll have more time to do things at your pace and inclination, without a timetable and also jump many of the queues. Play a full daytrip for Dunn's River which will be crowded but still worth the climb, conga-line fashion. Go into Ochie thereafter for lunch (Evita's<BR>or Toscanini's at Harmony Hall just past Ocho Rios). If you have time, include gardens like Cranbrook Flower Forest or Enchanted Gardens,the latter now a hotel. Another tour day could focus on the South Coast: YS FALLS, Black River for crocodile cruising, lunch at CULLODEN CAFE in Whitehouse.<BR>There's rafting at Great Gorge and Rafter's Village near MoBay;the Martha Brae near Falmouth -- all pretty gentle.<BR>Port Antonio has the best adventure stuff (Rio Grande rafting, Reach and Somerset Falls, Blue Mt. coffee bean plantations, hiking and downhill bike tours,etc. -- but it's too far and has too much to include in just a short stay.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:27 AM
Penney

Dunn's River falls is a great day trip and I beleive that they do privide a lunch stop over at Sandals Dunn's (but could be wrong). You can book all tours through the resort. <BR><BR>Another fun thiing is to go on the booze cruise that takes you snorkeling and to Margaritaville - great music, food and adult water slides into the ocean.