Should we rent a car?

Mar 18th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Should we rent a car?

My fiancee and I will be honeymooning at the Crane in Barbados for 9 nights in June. We know it is a little more secluded than some other hotels on Barbados. While this is what we were looking for, we still want to explore! We definitely want to go shopping for food, since we will have a kitchen, and we want to experience some of the restaurants, nightlife, other beaches, etc. Should we rent a car or would it be advisable to rely on taxis?
Mar 19th, 2007, 04:45 AM

I would rent a car. The freedom you have with a car does not compare to taxis. Stoutes is a great firm.

Peace
Mar 19th, 2007, 06:21 AM

The Crane is quite remote. Suggest you rent a car. Driving is on the left, with steering wheel on the right like England. Speeds are pretty slow, so you get used to it quickly.
Mar 19th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Absolutely rent a car for your entire traip. I doubt you're going to want to eat dinner every night in the hotel's restaurant, so you'll need a car just for that.
Mar 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM

You will love the Crane. We were there in March 2006 and can't wait to return. It is on the far side of the island from the big resorts, which was exactly the reason we went there.

You might want to check with the hotel as I saw several rental cars in the lot, so you might be able to rent them on a day to day basis instead of paying for the entire time.

I would take the taxi to and from the the airport as the roads are not well marked and getting there the first time it might be best to let somebody else drive.

They also run a shuttle once per day around noon down the street to the store so you can pick up food and drinks if you are in one of the condo units. We stayed in the historic hotel and only had a fridge so we never did the trip to the store.

The Zen has some of the best food we have every had anywhere. In fact we never ate at the other place. Of course we were only there two nights.

I see the new pools are now open, which they weren't when we were there and I think you will be very happy with the entire complex.
Mar 20th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. We will DEFINITELY rent a car!