Reload this Page >

Sandy Lane and Barbados- any opinions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 11:55 AM
cheryl

I'm considering this hotel for a 10 yr anniversary trip this July. Would love to hear some opinions about the hotel and/or Barbados. The hotel is offering a summer package. I understand the west coast where the hotel is located is very different from the south coast where the city and cruise ships are. We're looking for a beautiful resort with privacy, a great beach and pool- with the ability to go to other areas where there may be some other restaurants and maybe some nightlife. I was also looking for a place that was adult oriented, since I'm not bringing my own kids!! Any input would be great!!

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 12:10 PM
michell

...and you call me an addict!!! The minute I saw "Sandy Lanes" I knew it was you. Maria says HI. Are you still obsessing?

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 01:10 PM
CnSand

If you are obsessed couldn't be about a more lovely spot. Have seen it since it reopened and it is luxurious to say the least. It is along a strip with many other hotels and properties but is very special!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:41 AM
Dogooder

Probably the smartest, most garish most over the top hotel on the islands, this hotel had an unbelievably expensive and much delayed refurb from it's new Irish owners.<BR><BR>They have had to reduce the summer (low season) prices, but it still aint cheap.<BR><BR>It looks fab, wonderful location costs an arm, a leg and a facelift- can you afford it?. Good golf.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 11:05 PM
April

I haven't been there in years but I'm sure I'd still pick the west coast over the south any day.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 09:35 AM
Karen

Make sure you have dinner at Fathoms while you are there. Don't remember the name of the hotel it's associated with but when we were there, it was so good we went there 3 times. We were staying at Sam Lord's Castle so quite a ride for us but well worth it.<BR><BR>I also liked the Royal Pavillion hotel and is definitely worth going for cocktails at sunset, just gorgeous.