jolly beach hotel, any good?

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 05:29 AM
Holly

jolly beach hotel, any good?

My husband, 2 year old and I are going in Feb to Jolly Beach. Any comments on this resort or the island ?

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 09:43 AM
xxx

We were there in March of 2001 and absolutely loved it. The beach is fabulous. They have various levels of rooms starting with a "super-saver" and then moving up to a standard. We got the standard and it was small but nice enough. I can't imagine how small the super-saver was. I also talked to people who had upgraded from the standard and were very impressed with their rooms. The resort itself, the food, the entertainment was all top notch! One of the a la carte restaurants was on the beach (I think it was Lydia's) and it was my favourite!!

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Topper

t

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 05:38 AM
Holly

xxx thanks for the comments, i think we have just a standard room but we wont be spending all that much time in the room. I cant wait to relax in the warm sun! The beach restaurant sounds good.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 02:12 PM
Barry

Stayed a week over New Years with my wife and 2 young adult children. The fit was perfect for all of us. Beach is beautiful, staff was friendly and the bar opened at 10:00 AM. Get on of the upper floors in the St Lucia building. The rooms are larger and away from the action witha double bed and 1 single bed. There were some children there, all very well behaved. Food is good and plentiful. Lots to do if you want. Tennis and all watersports are included. No lines for anything. Find the entertainment director, Dwayne. He is a great guy and fun. Nightly entertainment was top notch, especially New Years eve. Antigua is safe and beautiful. Lots of Brits. We had a ball. Say hi to Dwayne for me.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:37 AM
bob

I beg to differ with the others concerning Jolly Beach Club. Just got back. The food was OK. The main eating area the hemisphere restaurant is serve yourself and for the most part, you do everything but the cooking. I booked all nights at the 3 alternative restaurants, Lydias being the best.
Some guests were upset that they now allow children.
The entertainment "sucks", to put it bluntly, and there are no alternatives. Steel and reggae music, unless you find a hula hoop competition entertaining?
My biggest complaint was the beach. The water murky and the sand of gritty constuction quaility. Could not see my hand 5 inches below the surface.