Search

Sandals-Not?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Joseph

Sandals-Not?

What is it with Sandals? Is it a secret society or something? I don't go on vacation to make friends, I go with them. I don't need organized games for the masses nor do I need American commercialization on an island. Some say it is five star cuisine. Compared to what? Macdonald's. I just don't get it, am I amiss?

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Laurie

To each his own but we happen to love the Sandals resorts. We also travel with friends but its fun to meet people from all over the world. The resorts are beautiful and I can't wait till we go to Antigua in May!

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 09:06 PM
Mike

Troll!

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 04:56 AM
Margaret

Joseph I do not get it either, not a place I would select to go, but many people enjoy the Sandals chain. I am very glad they have a good time. It is not my cup of tea-but hey they are sucessful. So we have choices and thats what vacations are all about. No you are not amiss! You know what you want! So do I!

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 09:44 AM
Kim

We are 100% Sandals people, we have been to quite a few of the resorts and am off to the Sandals St. Lucia Golf & Spa resort on Feb 25. We have met alot of very nice people whom have become close friends of ours. We were not out looking for friends as you say but Sandals resorts have very friendly guests and staff. The food by no means compares to MacDonalds it is very good and lots of things to choose from. Just by reading your comments obviously you have never been to a Sandals, and we would rather you dont but dont put the resorts down if you dont know what you are babbling about!

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Cheri

Sandals is okay. We went to Sandals Dunns River and than to Sandals Negril for our honeymoon, in Jamaica. Being in Jamaica, Sandals was ok because we just didn't feel real safe going off the resort but we did get sick of eating at their restaurants. Since then, when we go on vacation (we've been to several smaller islands in the Caribbean) we want to explore island beaches and restaurants and out of the way bars, and not have to be stuck at one place. For the money you pay to stay at Sandals, you really don't want to spend more eating/drinking out. We wouldn't go back, but it wasn't that we hated it. It's just not our cup of tea.