Sandals MoBay?

Old Jan 4th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandals MoBay?

Has anyone stayed at Sandals in MoBay in Jamaica? I'm wondering what we should pack for clothes. I'm also wondering how the food is. Anything else you could mention would be great. My husband and I are going there at the end of January.

Thanks!

Christy
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 06:15 AM

Men need slacks for dinner (and closed toe shoes I think). Most women wear evening Caribbean casual; capri pants, linen tank dresses and so on. Days are usually spent in sarongs or coverups for the breakfast & lunch servings, T-shirts for the men.
Food was OK but was a bit disappointed with the service, especially at the buffet seating.
Have a great time, Lisa S
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 09:32 AM

Very active resort you will have a great time. Good food and super fun staff. For you just a few sun dresses or capri outfits will be fine. For him maybe 1 or 2 pairs of dockers and a couple of shirts mostly will be wearing short and t's or bathing suited 95% of the time. Sun screen, lip sunscreen,hat sun glasses. A must is the Panio bar after 11:00 you will have a ball. We have been to SMB twice so anything else you would like to know just email me. [email protected] HAVE FUN!!!
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 11:20 AM

What a great choice...we had a blast. The food was good...the staff were very friendly. Be sure to leave the resort and go do a couple of things like Dunn's Falls...horseback riding or something. If you do decide to take a tour do not sign up at the desk. Go outside where the Taxi's are and ask the bell hop for Yogi...he is an independent tour guide (certified taxi)he is usually there at 8 in the morning. He will take you and your significant other anywhere you want to go for the whole day...he charged us $100 much better than the guided tour. He has his own mini van stocked with refreshments and it will be just you and your husband going anywhere you wanna go. Also make sure you go snorkeling. I cant wait to go back. Have fun.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 05:44 PM

This is a special resort on a special island. I wore simple tank dresses at night and my husband wore long pants and a collared shirt. During the day we wore T-shirts and shorts.The food tends to be elegant - especially for an AI - and is the best of all the Sandals.
When you stand out in front, the fragrance from the flowers just floats down on top of you. The beach is big so it is a great place to be lazy with a cool drink and a good book. We loved stretching out at night in our room and listening to the waves lull us to sleep. This is the sunny side of paradise where everything is very easy and the staff (who all seem to have great voices) sing along with the music. This particular resort wasn't really designed for privacy but more for a carefree vacation type of place. Make sure to take a stroll on the beach at night for some extra romance.