Sandals Antigua - I'm convinced, now I have questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that we've booked Sandals Antigua I found I have more specific questions.
Is there a coin operated guest laundry facility? Should we bring lots of quarters? We want to pack as light as possible.
For the restaurants at night...Just how dressed up do you have to be? Are tennis shoes allowed for men, are sandals allowed for women (at night)? For the ala carte restaurants the pants and shirts issue is understood, I'm just unsure about the "strict-ness" of footwear.
Does Barefoot by the Sea really mean you go barefoot?
For the buffet at night are decent length shorts permitted?
Many nights after dinner we like to go back to the pool or hot tub...Will we seem out of place if we do this in the evening (we would be appropriately covered up on the way of course).
Is there an additional charge for using the billiard tables?
Has anyone had experience with paying for a week's use of wi-fi in their room? What is the cost? This will be our means of keeping in contact with elderly parents at home.
Does anyone know a typical room number for the MV rooms? I'm hoping for an upgrade to one of those bldgs. and I know they write the room number on the luggage at the airport.
Are you taken to a different check-in bldg. based on the section of the resort you are assigned? I think the answer is yes???
Now that we are booked to go on Feb 27 we seem to want/need to know a lot of info. I just know there are seasoned SAT guests that know all my answers and lots of other info too. Please tell me every juicy detail about this resort. We can't wait to go. We are very experienced with Beaches T&C but this is our first visit to Sandals. Sorry for all my stupid questions, but THANKS!
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 10:47 AM

There is no coin-operated laundry. Naturally, they do provide laundry and dry cleaning services.
People aren't dressed formally but long pants and collared shirts if you are a guy and sundresses for the women are mostly what you will see. A few women do the cocktail dress, but not many. I don't think anyone will check out your footware that carefully. Our butler, one night when I was getting ready, suggested dress pumps and I told him I was wearing sandals. I have nice sandals, but with a lower heel. I have pain issues and can't wear high heels. I didn't see that many women in them anyway and I did see guys wearing flip flops at night. At Barefoot by the sea, I saw many people barefoot during the day, but we didn't eat there at night. Bayside does state they want long pants. You were able to do shorts at the OK Corral, but that should be Neptune's now and I'm not sure about a dress code for them. Also, the pizzeria is casual.
You will be just fine at the pool or doing the hot tub in the evening. Just know that they will not serve you at the bars (the pool bars will be closed).
The pool tables are complimentry and the indoor game room never has more than a few people in there.
We were in room 7606 in the MV. That was a Honeymoon Penthouse One bedroom. They took all of us to the MV lounge, so I'm not sure if that is the way they are checking in now or if it was just that everyone was staying in the MV.
I'm not sure what else you might be looking for. The food quality and selection is rather good. Although I do like the new MV, Sandals Antigua has lost that truly intimate feeling it had before. Thus, we really enjoyed walking through the old section at night. The pool at the MV is the largest pool in the Eastern Caribbean and is beautiful! The english pub makes a great burger! let me know if you have more questions. Enjoy your vacation!
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Hi Knowing, thanks for the speedy response. My hubby will be disappointed that there is no coin laundry. He goes to the fitness center every AM and really likes to be able to wash his workout clothes so he doesn't have to pack so many garments. At dinner I will wear nice slacks and tops like I wear to go to church, it won't be "evening clothes," but it won't be shorts and T's either. Like you I cannot wear heels, so flat shoes will have to do. Thanks again for the info.