Sandals in Bahamas

Old Nov 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Sandals in Bahamas

My husband and some friends of ours are trying to plan a vacation in the winter of 2010 (sometime between January and March). We are thinking about staying at Sandals. Anyone been there - did you like it or not? We definitely want something all inclusive. What other things would you suggest doing in the area? Thanks.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM

My husband and I stayed at that Sandals last Jan. The food and service was excellent but the hotel and property are dated to say the least. The off-shore island was nice. To be fair there were upgrades and maintenance being done but as I said before, this is an older piece of property that needed it. We had issues with no hot water, power outage that impacted food availability. Like I mentioned, this was in Jan. last year.
Old Nov 20th, 2008, 02:48 PM

It may not be all that warm in the Bahamas during that time period. If you want to really enjoy the beach and warm water, go further south.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 06:13 AM
KVR

We stayed at Sandals in Nassau in 2003. We enjoyed it. It was our first Sandals experience. We've been to another Sandals since then and many other AI's and found that Sandals is really overpriced for what you get.

We didn't care too much for Nassua. We did visit Atlantis, went to the Ardasta zoo and took a catamaran snorkel cruise, but other than that we really couldn't find much to do. We don't dive.

I agree the weather during Jan through March is going to much to cool to enjoy the ocean or the pools.
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 07:30 PM

We thought the Bahamas Sandals was just ok at best.
I agree that you will want to head further south, e.g. Jamaica. You will find the weather much nicer. Also, Jamaica has many AI's.