Sandal's Dunn's River

Jul 14th, 1998, 02:51 PM
Shawna

Sandal's Dunn's River

I am looking into Sandals Dunn's River for my honeymoon. I have heard the resort is quite nice; however, my question is about the beach there. I am looking for a white-sand beach with clear, turquoise water. I am a beach nut and don't want a brown sand beach (for my honeymoon I would like a white sand beach). Can anyone give me any info.? (ALSO: Is the beach private, or do vendors approach you if you are on the beach??)

Thank you.

Jul 14th, 1998, 03:26 PM
George Kirkby

Hi, I thought I'd post this note on Dunn's River and the area. Although I personally have not been to the resort you mention I would like to say that on my honeymoon we took a cruise on the Carnival Line and one of their stops was Ocho Rios. It's the town where Dunn's River Falls is at. I also presume that is where Sandal's is located.

From the Ship you could see several resorts around the harbor. Yes, the beaches are white sand and well groomed. We got to stay in Port for a day and had a driver drive us around to shop, walk the Falls, and the other stuff one normally does.

My suggestion is forget the Sandals and the rest of the resorts when it comes to your honeymoon. A cruise to the same places and more makes more sense money wise and pleasure wise. I also forgot to mention we also had allot of "Fun" on Carnival too. Best Wishes!

Jul 15th, 1998, 05:10 AM
Lara

Dunn's River beach was almost non-existent. White sand, but very small and narrow. There is a reason Dunn's River has such a large pool area--to compensate for the small beach. If you are looking for great beaches in Jamaica, stay away from the Ocho Rios area.

On a side note, Sandals Dunn's River was the worst trip to the Caribbean I have ever had. Sandals is a complete rip-off. Poor food, poor service.

Jul 17th, 1998, 07:39 AM
carolyn

If you're stuck on going to Sandals, try Sandals Negril. Excellent beach! Beautiful resort!

Jul 21st, 1998, 01:46 PM
Mary

Hi Shawna:

My husband and I went to Sandals Dunns River last year and had the time of our lives! The sand is white and the resort is beautiful. The beach is private and vendors are not allowed to enter this private resort. We had excellent service (we were treated like a King and Queen). Our room was great with a stunnning ocean view! I would greatly recommend Sandals Dunns River to you! My husband and I had such a fantastic time with our Sandals vacation that we are going to their Bahamas resort in November. Good luck and best wishes to you!