Search

SANDALS ANTIGUA???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:03 AM
G

SANDALS ANTIGUA???

My fiance and I are planning a May honeymoon at Sandals Antigua. After reading reviews, I am half scared, and half excited. Can anyone let us know if this highly expensive resort is worth it? And any insight on which rooms are best would help as well--THANKS!!!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Where's Islander

Come on girl, it's your time to shine! <BR>Tell us all about Sandal's Antigua's &quot;laid back, romantic charm&quot;.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 10:39 AM
Sun Ray

I honeymooned at Sandals Antigua this past year and we really enjoyed it. I believe it is worth it, especially with the 35% discount offered right now. I was feeling the same way before I went, half excited...half scared. Once we arrived, we realized everything was going to be great. The grounds are well kept, very lush/tropical. The beach is beautiful. They offer plenty to do (land/watersports, nightly entertainment) or you can do nothing at all. We enjoyed it and plan on returning. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Penney

We really enjoyed Sandals Antigua. The grounds are beautiful - very lush and tropical and in gengeral, the atmosphere is very laid back, romantic and very relaxing. Food and service was good as well. Nice beach, calm waters. It i sone of our favorite Sandals.<BR><BR>As far as the rooms, most below concierge are all the same but do get a tad larger as they go up in category so you can save if you book low. All rooms below concierge are also in the gardens which are lovely so reuesting a second floor room for the views is a must. Only block I would aviod is the one nearest the front drive - least attractive view. <BR><BR>Above concierge, I would go for the concierge room on the bluffs - excellent room for the money. From the second level room, we had a wonderful view of the ocean and beach, gardens, mainpool and most of the property. Room was very spacious, it is in a more private location and there is also a good sized pool and whirlppol that really no one used except those in that block.<BR><BR>Junior suites are OK but not better; Rondavals are cute but small since they too are round and few are actually on the beach and the top suties are very nice but expensive.<BR><BR>Hope this helps. <BR><BR>Penney<BR>

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:12 AM
Tom

It's a pleasure to share information with you about Sandals Antigua. They pay special attention to their guests as well as their food and wine. This is our favorite Sandals property. Although I wouldn't call it prestigious, I think it stands out. The manager is a great guy.Take advantage of the Manager's cocktail party as well as the beach party and the nightly entertainment. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Sun Ray

We stayed in the Grand Lux Beachfront Concierge level and once we were there for a few days and had a feel of the resort, it seemed this was the best location if wanting a good beach/ocean view. The rondovals looked nice, but they didn't seem very private as all the walkways wind around them. The only better location seemed to be the highest room category (the ultimate honeymoon suite). The grand lux is a guarenteed beach/ocean view and it's about 10 steps from the beach.