Sandal- Mo Bay

Oct 4th, 2001, 06:30 PM
suzy

Sandal- Mo Bay

I'm curious about the age group that stays at Sandals. I notice there are two - Sandals and Sandals Royal Carribean. Is there a difference in clientele? We are in our early 50's and want a more sedate atmosphere, good dancing music (read: slow and ballroom dancing) and good food and a nice beach. Can anyone fill me in on what to expect. Thanks.

Oct 5th, 2001, 06:47 AM
lili

i don't know about the ballroom, but i think you would be happier at sandals in negril, or ochos rios (i hear ochos rios is more for family with kides, the mo bay sandals is more of a party scene) ... we met a couple in their late 40s and they loved the sandals in negril (just don't go to jamaica during the spring break season, march when there's partying everywhere)

Oct 5th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Ang

I wanted to speak as a VERY experienced Sandals goer, we LOVE them. That being said there are numerous Sandals resorts, not just the ones you mentioned. Each Sandals has its own personality and has a general clientele it caters too. However, no sandals resorts are family oriented or spring break oriented they are COUPLeS only. The Beaches portion of the Sandals chain is for families with teh exclusion of the 2 new new Beaches Grande Sport at Ciboney adn Beaches Royal Plantaion which are adult only (not couple only) and tend to cater to groups of women or men traveling together. Sandals Mo Bay does have a more "party" environment. sandals Negril has the best beach and is VERY nice but tends to cater to an active, athletic younger crowd (not party) but very sports oriented. As a 30 yo couple it is our favorite. Dunn's River is much the same way as far as being activity oriented but it is not quite as upscale. Sandals Ocho Rios has a "quieter" environment and is secluded and romantic. It usually has a alot of honeymooners of all ages and may be a good bet for you only the beach is not fabulous. You might also look to Sandals Royal Bahamian in the Bahamas which is the most upscale. They have limo service with champagne to and from airport. It caters to an older and more formal crowd. While the spa there was GREAT, we found the resort as a whole a little stiff and sedate for us. Ha ve not been to Sandals Royal caribbean so I can't comment on that one though I think it a little less expensive than soem of the others. On the island of St. Lucia there are two Sandals resorts. The samller Halcyon resort is more like the Bahams resort and the other one Sandals St. Lucia golf and country club is larger and more active. Any furhter questions, I hope to be able to answer.

Oct 5th, 2001, 12:12 PM
suzy

It sounds like you do like Sandals. We have to go to Mo Bay which is why we are looking that those two Sandals. The Sandals Royal Jamacian (might be Royal Carribean) is more expensive than the others and appears to be quite plush. But we are in our 50s and really would like a diversity in age groups at the resort we stay. Any thoughts on that?

Oct 5th, 2001, 12:36 PM
Penney

We have been to both those resorts and agree that Sandals MoBay is far more active and party like then Sandals Royal.

Sandals Royal is not considered plush - very nice, yes but just quieter, attracts a nice crowd of people of all ages, can be as active as you want or as quiet and I feel, has a nice, prettier and more tropical atmosphere then Sandals MoBay. Royal also has the nicer pools as the main pool at Sandals MoBay is rather small.

At Sandlas MoBay, you will find the people more involved in the organized activites, more of a party atmosphere, more late nighters! Great fun but really different.

Either way, you stay at one and can use both facilities.

Oct 5th, 2001, 05:06 PM
kim

Sandals MB is very up beat and much rodey croud. Try RC its much more low key.

Oct 5th, 2001, 05:11 PM
kim

Sandals Royal Bahamian is a beautiful resort . We were there last yr aand my daughter was married there this May. I would consider that one also the Sandals
Golf & Spa in St. Lucia it is beautiful, spent a week there this last Feb and loved it. We are Sandals people 100%.