Search

San Juan Nightlife

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 12:29 PM
liz

San Juan Nightlife

We will be staying at the Caribe Hilton for 3 nights prior to our cruise in December. Want to experience the SJ nightlife. We are a group of couples and singles ranging from 20 to mid 50's. Want to get the latin feel. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Would also like restaurant recommendations.

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 07:08 PM
Diane

When we stayed at the Marriott last January, there was a live band in the lobby every night -- dance floor. The Hilton and the El San Juan also have live music and dancing. People DRESS UP more here than any other Caribbean island I've visited. Most young women under thirty tend to wear black spandex dresses, high high heels and look marvelous. The young men wore beautiful tropical suits...never seen so many well dressed young people since the high school prom! If you've got something sparkly, bright and swirley don't hesitate to wear it. It is so much FUN to dress up like that!

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 08:14 PM
Laurie

On a cruise a couple years ago our ship stayed in San Juan overnight. We went to Club Lazer it was great we danced till the wee hours of the night.

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 06:14 PM
Joe Raphael

I highly recommend in the Old City Amadeus Cafe in San Sebastian St.The Parrot Club in La Fortaleza St. Dunbar's in Ocean Park and Houlihan's at the Marriott Hotel in the Condado section My favorites outside of Amadeus is the El SanJuan, and do dress-up. By the way the Caribe Hilton has a traditionally heavy Latin nightlife.

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 08:48 AM
STewart

Yes, DO dress up, it is quite fun and it is fun watching the people. I would call it sensual (not cheap), therefore you can even take young kids along. The hotels are always a safe bet in terms of safety. I will be on the Nordic EMpress leaving San Juan on January 3rd. Will you be on the same cruise? I leave tomorrow for SJU by the way. <BR>