Reload this Page >

U.S.V.I. Inexpensive Accomod?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 1999, 02:20 PM
Rajnish

Hello, <BR> <BR>My wife and I are planning on going to the U.S. Virgin Islands in January 2000. Since both of us are students, we are looking for <BR>inexpensive, but neat & clean and safe accomodations, preferably in the $ range. We have come across a few "small hotels" at the <BR>http://www.usvi.net/usvi/Accommodati.../allaccom.html site, but we are not sure about their quality. Can anyone recommend <BR>anything? <BR> <BR>Also, we are planning on going for about 4-5 days. What, in your opinion, would be a good division of time between St. Croix,St. Thomas and St. John? We are mainly interested in sight-seeing and care for quiet, beautiful places. We don't care about night-life that <BR>much. <BR> <BR>Thank You, <BR>Regards, <BR>Rajnish.

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 01:36 AM
Wolfgang

Feel free to email me at [email protected] with questions about hotels you're considering and I'd be happy to give you my two cents worth. You might also want to check out the accommodations section of http://www.cstyle.co.vi <BR>

Old Dec 12th, 1999, 04:07 PM
sandy

The campgrounds at Cinnamon Bay, St. John may be just what you're looking for. The rates are amazing: from $80 in a tent (provided) to $135 in a beachfront cottage. And the beach is fabulous! In fact, if you are only going for 4-5 days (hardly worth the airfare, if you ask me) I would just skip St. Thomas and St. Croix and just spend your whole vacation in beautiful, quiet, unspoiled St. John.

Old Dec 13th, 1999, 04:09 AM
Jim

Rajnish, I agree with Sandy. If you're going to be there for only 4-5 days, stay in one place -- island hopping can take a better part of one day depending on where you're going. St. John has several low-cost ecologically sensitive places to stay -- check out www.maho.org for some inexpensive places. Save some $$ to rent a jeep if at all possible. <BR> <BR>- Jim <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 18th, 1999, 07:05 PM
larry

try the inn at timarand court st john its well under $100 a night and you get juice and coffee for free in the morning I agree with the others about staying at one island and st john is the one

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 12:22 PM
mary

i too have to agree. stay on st. john by all means. we stay at maho bay when we go there and it is just beautiful. little cottages with screening for walls and up in the trees on a hillside. just like camping out. lots of stairs and walkways. beautiful beach. it si better than cinnamon bay imho.