Reload this Page >

Royal Caribbean shore excursions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Dennis

I will be on RCCL's Voyager of the Seas in January, 02. I am interested in info about the shore excursions:<BR>In Ocho Rios:<BR>1. Which combination of Dunn's River Falls & "Highlights" or Prospect Plantation or Brimmer Hall Plantation or "Enchanted Gardens" to take?<BR>2. Is Ocho Rios snorkeling by boat any good?<BR>3. How long are you swimming with the Dolphins on the "Dolphin Experience" and "Dolphin Encounter Swim"? Are either worth the money?<BR>

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Julie

Skip the snorkeling in Jamaica. Cozumel and Cayman are both 10x better. With a few exceptions, I'd recommend staying away from the ship excursions. You can usually get the same tours for less money if you arrange them on your own. We took an island tour in Ocho Rios from a private operator named Peat Taylor, who I learned about on-line. Went to Dunn's River Falls, got a guided tour of the Ocho Rios countryside & rain forest, went shopping and then to a beach. All in all, a very nice and hassle-free day. Check out the message boards on the cruise critic web site (www.cruisecritic.com) for more information and answers to all your questions.

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Lynette

We did the western Caribbean with<BR>RCCL about 5 years ago, and in Jamaica we did a tour that included<BR>Dunn's River Falls and Brimmer Plantation. If you have never been<BR>before I think this is a great combination to see Ocho Rios' claim to fame(Dunn's River Falls). and to see some of the countryside, because Brimmer Plantation is about an hour drive out of Ocho Rios towards Port Antonio. Beware the road are little rough. The plantation itself is a working farm and you will get a narrated and guided tour of the <BR>plantation. They will tell you all about <BR>the crops they grow, and then you will<BR>get some time to wander around the<BR>manor house and visit the gift shop where you can get some not to be missed Blue Mountain Coffee.<BR>If there is more than 1 ship in port,<BR>Dunn's River falls will be extremely crowded, but if you will only be there once it is still worth climbing. Bring <BR>water shoes with you, and a tip for your guide who will guarantee that your camera wil not get wet.<BR>If you have been to Jamaica before or<BR>are on your honeymoon I have heard that the raft trip down the Martha Brae<BR>River is very romantic<BR><BR>

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 04:24 AM
les

Dunn's River Falls and Enchanted Gardens would make an interesting combination. Both are very short rides from the cruise ship so you will have no problem making it back in time to depart. The gardens and waterfalls are lovely at Enchanted and the walk is through a thick rainforest. There is a bird sanctuary there as well. You will be walking up and down many steps on this excursion though.

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Becca

My husband and I just got back from a cruise on RCCL's Voyager of the Seas a couple of months ago. We did the Dunn's River Falls/ocean kayak tour. It was so much fun but a lot more strenuous than we expected. I would highly recommend this tour.