Romantic Getaway in Barbados???

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Susan

Romantic Getaway in Barbados???

We are going to the Bougainvillea Beach Resort in Barbados. Does anyone have any information regarding this resort or the island? We are planning a well deserved, much needed vacation.
Please assist- Thanks

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Lois

I tried to write yesterday but my reply did not "take".

My husband and I have stayed there several times - -nice resort. All sorts of accommodations available, good staff, nice beach. What specifics would you like? Write me directly. Lois

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Susan

Hello,
I tried to write you but the message was returned.
Any information you can provide is most helpful. How is the weather in June?
Is there still construction at the hotel next door?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:55 AM
XXX

Lois,
I have seen you name over 100 times and answer questions regarding Barbados............are you a real customer or do you just work for them?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:26 AM
x

http://www.travelhop.com/barbados/

here are views of the hotel

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 08:20 AM
X

Does anyone know if the construction is still going on?

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:48 AM
Lois

FYI -- I'm just someone who loves the island and has gone back 15 times since 1986 when we first visited. I try to share info with others so they can benefit from my learning what's good and what to avoid over the years. If anyone wants to write me with specific questions I always try to make myself available to help. Many have written back after using some of my tips how pleased they were. Lois

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 12:31 PM
W

yeah right!

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:55 AM
X

Does anyone have information regarding Barbados during the summer months???

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:38 PM
Barbados Lover

Summer it's crop over in Barbados. Kadooment is offically the first Monday in August, but the party starts a few weeks before. There are alotof Caribbean,American and European tourists. If you are into beaches by day and parties at night go for crop over. You will have a blast.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:46 AM
s

What is crop?

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Barbados Lover

Crop Over oringiated as a celebration of the completion of harvest, hence Crop Over. But, it's Barbados's version of Carnival;there are calypso competitions, parties, foreday morning jump up and the big parade on Monday, Kadooment day. You get to hear all the great Bajan bands such as square one and Krosfyah and see the Bajans "wuk up"
which is a wicked way of dancing that is almost impossible to duplicate if you do not have ball bearings in your waist!

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Gail

Hi, Susan,

I will be going to Barbados and staying at the Bougainvillea in June also. We will be there June 24 to 30. I am worried about the construction everyone is talking about on the boards. I got the impression most of the construction is done.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Susan

We are going the week before.
Have you ever stayed there before?

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Lois

The construction in the area is a sewer project going on on the entire south coast. It was quite a problem in November when we stayed there. Your best bet is to contact the hotel directly and ask them right out if the sewer project affecting the roads in their area is finished yet. There were big detours to get from their resort to anyplace south of there adding lots of time to each trip. When they finish in that area they are moving farther down the south coast & eventually up the west coast, so there will be disruption for quite awhile to come. In fact, business was so disrupted in the St. Lawrence Gap area some businesses closed there.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Mary

Enjoy!!!