Reload this Page >

Royal Uvero Alto - Comments???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Barb

We are planning a trip to DR and considering the Royal Uvero Alto - now called Secrets Excellence or something like that. Has any one stayed there and do you have any comments on the resort?

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 08:32 PM
dr

I haven't actually stayed at the Royal Uvero Alto ( and I don't think the name has changed) but I know it's a gorgeous property. It's been rated very highly by the tour operators that offer it and I have seen photographs of it, other than those published in brochures that is. The only negative thing I would say about it is the beach, because its in an area of PUnta Cana called the Uvero alto, the water tends to be rough, lots of waves, unlike the rest of Punta Cana and the Bavaro area. Other than that, you've chosen an exceptional resort.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 08:19 AM
Susan

We are also considering The Royal next month on Apple Vacations. Go into www.debbiesdominicantravel.com. It is a great place to read reviews of the resorts. We are torn between The Royal and Sunscape, they both seem to be nice resorts. Hope this helps. Susan

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 03:15 PM
barbara

the worst dining situation i have experienced. if you would like to get up every morning at 7a.m. to stand in line to get into the only restaurant w/ decentn food, thenthis is the place.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:55 PM
Mary

Just returned from RUA. This is the best resort, we have stayed at in the Carribean. It is about an hour from the airport, that is the only draw back. Other than that it is just beautiful, from the grounds to the rooms, love the jacucci in the rooms.Food was excellent, mostly north american, so it doesn't bother your stomach. Dont't forget your bug spray, if it rains, they is alot of mosquitoes after, they do spray everday though. Need any other info, contact me.<BR>

Old May 18th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Shmobo

We were there for Christmas last year. The resort is nice and the resturants are good too. We never have any buffets except for Breakfast.<BR>The only bad thing is the beach. You can never swim in it at all, always really rough...ended up I stayed there for 1 whole week and never have a chance even to go Snorkelling at all.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 04:48 AM
A. Turco

As per my travel brochure, the Royal is now called Secrets Excellence. I have talked to 2 travel agents who both said they have had great feedback about the resort.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 03:34 PM
gretchen

hi barb! i am a dedicated &quot;fodorite&quot; but i must recommend a website you can search for @ debbiesdominicanrepublic&quot;. they will give you alot of info. this resort is now secrets and we will be leaving next friday to visit for a week. i recommend getting on their bulliten board and reading all the way back to november. there will also be some comprehensive reviews coming up in the next week or so. we chose to go there for it's privacy and, from what i can gather, it's beautiful accomodations. we wanted all adult. today, i have requested a room location directly from the resort. i hope i get a response. wherever you decide to stay, i hope you have a great vacation! i will probably post some info when i get back. please feel free to e-mail with any questions. gretchen

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Read

I'm sure Barb has already come and gone as this original post was posted last winter! By now, yes, the name has changed.....