Search

Rio Vista Villas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2004, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rio Vista Villas

Please - anyone know about this place? Any ifo would be appreciated. Cleanliness, vibes, location.
Thanks
Lorka
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 06:42 AM

If you are speaking about Rio Vista Villasin Port Antonio ( Portland ) They are owned by Henry and Sharon , a wonderful Jamaican couple . The villas are beautiful and romantic , overlooking the Rio Grande River just as it enters into the sea which you can see in the distance . It is a little way out of town and from the main beaches , but if u have a rental , or take cabs , no problem !!!! It is highly rated , and everyone raves about Sharons cooking , even Gourmet Magazine ! Nothing but positive reviews . SUPER photos and info. on port antonio onestop , run by a Toronto couple . Faith
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 07:19 AM

Hi , Its www.portantonio-onestop.com , The great photos and descriptions will give you a good idea , take a peek at the others in the area as well . Rio Vista is very charming , I do not think I have ever heard a negative . The only thing is that it is a bit farther from things than the other spots as you will see on the map . You definitely need a car or taxi for beaches etc. Faith
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Faith - do you know anything about "the Fan" in Port???
Appreciate your help.
Lorka
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 07:31 AM

I have seen a few photos on web sites , actually just one site , so no I do not really know much . Portie is a big vacation spot for Jamaicans , perhaps this place is more local . It would be interesting to find out more , could be a great new spot to stay . Maybe Tiv. or Liza know ? Guys ? lol , Faith .
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 07:39 AM

Just peeked at it on Port Antonio Guesthouse Assc. I remember looking at it after we returned , the site was always down before we left . It looks super , good price for the apt. Drapers is very central , close by the recording studio where No Doubt recorded there last album , Gwen Stefani actually thanked the wonderful people of Drapers in her speech . You can actually get rooms there as well ( at recording studio ) !! Faith
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 08:05 AM

Me AGAIN Lorka !!! You might want to take a peek at a wonderful little secret ( not anymore ) called Jamaica Heights Resort ( not to be confused with Jamaica Crest Resort in Fairy Hill) . Looks amazing , certainly an interesting option , and similar looks to THe Fan . Faith .
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:16 AM

Hi Lorka,
I posted some inforamtion about our August stay at Rio Vista. We absolutely loved it. Rather than rewrite all of it here, I will just direct you to the conversation. It is in #67 which is titled Goblin or Fern Hill.
Feel free to email me with questions or if you would like to see a photo or two from our trip. It was the first and only time we have been to Jamaica, but it really was wonderful.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 06:20 AM

Oh, And Thanks, Fathie, for letting me know earlier, that everything is getting back to normal there. I really have been worried about them.
Old Oct 29th, 2004, 07:13 AM

Hi Smilemonster , I did not converse with Rio Vista , But chatted with someone who was at Goblin a few days after hurricane , they were definitely spared the brunt of the storm . Minor damage , some places a bit more than others . Of course my info. is second hand , but I generally this is the scoop . Faith
Old Oct 31st, 2004, 01:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the info - we have booked Rio for February!!
Much appreciated.