Guest houses in Port Antonio

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been doing some research regarding guest houses in Port Antonio and came across this Search-me-heart and Drapers San. Does anyone have any experiences good/ bad, in living at these guest houses? My boyfriend and myself feel they suit our budget better and we would have more interaction with Jamican culture as they appear more homely and closely knit. Any advice with this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Jun 6th, 2004, 02:42 PM

I did see Drapers san while we were there and our Derrons driver , James previously worked there . It is close to a small local beach , I do not know the name . It is about half way between the San San area and the town of Port Antonio . A short taxi ride to Frenchmans etc. The owner Carla hangs out at Frenchmans , an Italian Jamaican ,dreads and all ! I brought home some local info. , I will dig through it tonite and try to come up with some stuff . There is also a site , Port Antonio Guesthouse Assc. Did u check out SanSan Tropez .... Faith .
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 06:13 PM

A friend of mine stayed at Search mi Heart and absolutely loved it, she wrote a long report on it. I haven't stayed there or Drapers, we did Fern Hill (which is great if you have a car, not so much cultural interaction as you could get at Search mi Heart without trying, tho).

It's in here somewhere, she posts as bnd99 (and there are probably 5-6 reports of hers in there, she goes 1-2 times a year or more): http://www.jamaicans.com/cgi-bin/ult...5;DaysPrune=45

Old Jun 11th, 2004, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Hi Liza,
Thank you for the info, I did read through her reports, they were very nice and descriptive, however I failed to come across any details on search-me-heart. Maybe I read too fast!!Will go through them again,but if you hear anything more please let me know. Still torn between Drapers-san and search-me-heart!!Must decide soon.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 07:57 AM

Could not find my info. for you . But i do remember drapers being a cute little place fairly close to the road in the little village of Drapers . derrons car service is just across the road , a little convenience store , people milling about chatting etc. I believe it is quite popular , local flavor , you would definitely be more amongst the locals here than at The trident !
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Faithie,
Think we have decided on Drapers San, the local flavor sounds appealing. Besides the owner Carla seems very friendly and interactive as well.... so we will hopefully have a great time.... Thanks all..will update on the review after we stay there!!