Restaurants in St. Thomas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are traveling to St. Thomas at the end of February for a much needed vacation. We are staying at the Ritz, but don't like to spend all of our time eating at a resort. We would love any suggestions on great places to eat.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM

you absolutely have to try havana blue at the marriott. try to reserve your table for sunset. gorgeous venue with wonderful food.
this page has link to their menu: http://stthomassource.com/content/vi...eart-st-thomas

another great spot for lunch or dinner is the blue moon cafe at secret harbour beach resort, which you'll pass on the way into the ritz. excellent snorkeling as well off the right side of their beach.

sunday brunch at the ritz is fantastic.

for italian you might try tony romano's on the coki beach road. not to far from ritz.

a great excusion is: http://newhorizonscharters.com/
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 07:33 AM

I agree. Havana Blue is fabulous.

Some of my other favorites are Herve', Charlotte Amalie for dinner. High above the harbor, it offers stunning views along with excellent cuisnie and extensive wine list.

Lunch, Sunset Grill, Marriott Frenchman's Reef High on a cliff with a magazine cover view. If shopping in Charlotte Amalie, from the waterfront take the Water taxi, Morning star or Evening star to the dock. The ride is inexpensive , passes close to the docked cruise ships and makes for a wonderful scenic view. My favorite lunch is th Tai steak salad, but burgers, and sandwiches are also available.
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:15 AM

Just ate there NYE and cannot disagree any more vehemently about Blue Havana. We were not told it was a preset menu when we booked and found out when we arrived at our reservation time. Paid extra for the "Late seating" though as we found out there were waves of late seating and there relly didn't seem to be a justification for the surcahrge for our 8 p.m. dinner. We were given three options for each course and the only course that was remarkable in any positive way was dessert. My sea bass was still cold and raw in the middle and was tough - the first I had ever had sea bass that didn't flake. The waiter was neglectful and we sat for 10-15 minutes at a time waiting for basics like a water refill and to send my entree back since it was partially raw. Also the couple next to us were allowed to order from the menu even though we were told it was not an option. The meal was outrageously expenisve (even by NYE standards) and it was mediocre at best. I remain convinced that any bar in the area would have served a better meal and would have been more attentive. Loved St. Thomas and several other resturants (Vigilios for one), but this meal and the experience was a huge disappointed. Though we plant to return to ST. Thomas we will not return to Havana Blue. Go anywhere else!!
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 07:04 PM

Havana Blue was our favorite meal outside of eating at Ritz!
It's a little bit of a drive but worth it!