Resorts/Hotels in Turks & Caicos

Old Mar 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Resorts/Hotels in Turks & Caicos

I would appreciate your suggestions on resorts and hotels. Our ideal would be all-inclusive adult only resorts. I have only found two on these islands, which seem to cater to a younger crowd. We are baby boomers, who enjoy good food, good service, great beach and quiet relaxation. We are not locked into an all-inclusive and would like suggestions on hotels as well.
Thanks for your help.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM

I was going to write, that if you wanted AI-T&C is not your place, there are only 2-Beaches for families, and Club Med for adults.

Having said that, all the resorts on Grace Bay (90% of the resorts) are on that glorious beach. Overall, the island is quiet. So you may have to give us a budget, but without one I highly recommend 2 places:

The Somerset, my overall favorite. Has terrific service, excellent food, great service, and is quieter than some of the other places. Somerset is absolutely gorgeous.

Turks and Caicos Club, which is a small boutique hotel, very quiet, with service that feels like a home away from home.

The original Grace Bay Club (Villas allows children) the original has an incredible beach bar, and an adult only restaurant (12 years old or older) I would equate it to a Four Seasons Ritz type property.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM

i can't add today, that should read 3 places! ;-)
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Blamona. I appreciate your help. I am thinking a budget of around $5,000/$6,000 for a week. We have been going to an AI in Mexico for three years now and would like to try a different area. Do you have any suggestions of other islands that have a nice selection. We are not interested in going back to Jamaica.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 11:25 AM
KVR

We are huge AI fans and when we went to T & C we wanted AI also. You have a much bigger budget than we did. Look at Coral Gardens. They also offer an AI option, but I thought it was rather expensive. We ended up not going AI and stayed at the Sibonne. Very small, very quite hotel right on Grace Bay. There are only 26 rooms. No children during our stay. We also got a comp upgrade to a 2 room suite. We really enjoyed the hotel and location, but overall, we weren't happy with the dining options available. Very expensive and not very good compared to other places we've been. It really is necessary to get a rental car. Looking back we would have probably been happier at Club Med.

Outside of Mexico and Jamaica there really aren't many adults only AI's. Other options to consider would be Sandals in Antigua, Nassau or St. Lucia if you are really wanting an adult's only AI. I would also suggest Grand Cayman. There are 2 AI's there, but I would research them carefully to see if they fit your needs.

We love Aruba. There are a few AI's there and our last trip we did do the AI plan, but there are so many really great reasonalby priced resturants that are convenient to get to. Our next trip we won't go AI. Look at the Amsterdam Manor on Eagle Beach. Small hotel with 76 rooms and though they allow children they do not cater to them. Not many families acutally stay there. We plan on going in Sept.

We also kept returning to Mexico. There are some really great, reasonalby priced AI's and it's a great area.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 12:50 PM

There are a ton of AI in the Dominican Republic.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 02:38 PM
KVR

"There are a ton of AI in the Dominican Republic."

Yes, there are, but not any I've found that are adult only. DR is a very family friendly destination. Most of the AI's are huge complexes with tons of activites geared for kids and familes. Not a place I would recommend for what the OP stated they are looking for.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Here are some links that contain lists of adults only AI resorts.

www.cmtravelonline.com/adult_resort_listings.htm

http://www.resortvacationstogo.com/S...y_Resorts.html

I would suggest that you look at the Domincan Republic for the most variety if you are not interested in Jamaica and Mexico, and maybe look at Antigua too. St. Lucia has three Sandals and a couple of other adult only AIs, but the beaches there may be a disappointment if you like typical Caribbean beaches with white sand and turquoise water.
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM

The best spot for our money is still the Royal West Indies on Grace Bay. Also arguably the best restaurant.
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 03:45 AM

Ocean Club and Ocean Club West has a meal plan that's a good deal. It's not all-inclusive, but does cover many meals and drinks. Google Ocean Club or Ocean Club West in Turks and Caicos and check out the rates.