Recommended tours in St. Lucia?

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Marie

Recommended tours in St. Lucia?

We'll be leaving soon for our honeymoon to St. Lucia! Would anyone recommend any specific tours while we are there? (We're staying at the Hilton.) Or would you recommend exploring on our own. Thank you!

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Alex

Of the many things we did - I recommend the Sunset cruise on the Brig Unicorn - one of the highlights of our honeymoon last May. Departs from the North end of the island though.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Marie

Thanks for the idea, Alex. Maybe there is a similar sunset cruise in the south end.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 03:43 PM
linda

do the Piton cruise

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 03:45 PM
anon

We did an island tour that was kind of fun. It went to some pretty gardens, to the drive in volcano and some hot baths. Was an ok way to kill a couple hours. The volcano part was cool.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:30 PM
Candace

On a cruise we did a land and sea all day tour that was great maybe they offer that still if you stay on the island. You drive all over the island, go to the botanical gardens, volcano and then sail around the island they park the wooden schooner and people can swing off the boat and go swimming ect.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Kim

Marie email me and i will send you an excursion sheet on this island. [email protected]

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 10:20 AM
kdr

We did four tours from the Hilton in January 2000--a sunset cruise, a car tour around the nearby fishing village/gardens/volcano, a boat trip to the capital, and a rainforest hike/excursion. We would recommend all of these!
Our absolute favorite was the rainforest hike. The guide was absolutely amazing--he knew so much about the island and the vegetation.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 12:19 PM
msw

KDR- can you give me the names of the companies that you went through for these tours? Did you book them ahead of time or through the hotel? We'll be staying at the Hilton in June and all of these sounded really interesting! Thanks so much.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 06:25 AM
Marie

KDR- The tours you did through the Hilton sound great. Could you provide a little more information? Any names of guides or tour companies you would recommend? Thanks so much!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 04:14 AM
kdr

Glad to help. We booked each of the tours through the tour company affiliated with the Hilton. I can't remember the name of it, but they have a desk at the hotel. It was easy to do once we got to the hotel.
We didn't explore any other touring companies or other options. The tours weren't cheap, but we thought each one was worth it. And the ease of booking at the hotel, and having the charges put onto your bill was certainly worth it!