St. Barth's Rental Agency

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:18 AM
Cissy

St. Barth's Rental Agency

Is anyone familiar with the St. Barth's Properties agency out of Massachusetts? Has anyone used them for villa or hotel accommodations? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Adele

Cissy,

The firm is St. Barth Properties and their website is www.stbarth.com. The website is well organized and has lots of pictures of the properties they represent. I corresponded with them quite a bit before our recent trip to St. Barts and although I didn't end up booking through them (an owner contacted me directly because I had posted an inquiry on the web) I thought they gave great service. It's a family operation and they have a fairly long history with the island.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.

Adele

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Cissy

Adele: Thanks for the information. I'm only familiar with Wimco. We're doing some research before making our decision. I did check out their website and sent for their property package, which I received yesterday. Haven't really even decided on St. Barth's yet, but would really like to make it our destination. Do you mind telling me where you posted your inquiry concerning villas on the web? Thanks.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Cissy

Adele?? Are you still out there?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Adele

Cissy,

Still out here. I think I posted a question on private villa rentals on the Caribbean-Online forum and got a few replies both on the bulletin board and to my email.

I know several people have had good experiences with Wimco, but I found them to be not extremely helpful. We were going April 9-16th, which is the week before low season "officially" starts and Wimco summarily dismissed our requests to see if owners could be flexible...we were making arrangements at literally the last minute and figured that if a villa were still not rented it was worth a shot. Wimco did respond to my requests quickly, but the agent was very hard sell, as in "Can I reserve that for you now?"

St Barth Properties, on the other hand, was very responsive and let us know of a few villas where they believed the owners would be flexible. They also know a lot about all of their properties and will give you honest assessments of the villas.

St Barths is a great island to visit, but if you're interested in exploring other options, I can also share with you some information on Anguilla, which ahs lots to offer as well.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Cissy

Adele: Thanks for the your reply. I was impressed with the brochure and literature I received from St. Barth's Properties and if we do decide to go that route, it will be the one I would choose to call. I figure going in October, we should be able to find some owners willing to come down a little just to rent. Was it easy dealing directly with the owner? Was it a considerable savings? St. Barth's Properties also offered some very attractive hotel deals that are hard to refuse. Isle de France for 7 days, 2 people with car, garden room for $2,745.00??? That sounded pretty good to us!! Anguilla is also at the top of our list and we almost made it there last year. Another island a little tougher to get to. What part of the country do you fly from? Sorry, I'm asking a lot of questions. Would you mind if I e-mailed you personally with regard to St. Barth's rather than carrying on the conversation here? Again, I appreciate your help!

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:07 AM

ttt

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:29 AM
Adele

Cissy,

It would be easier to correspond directly through email -- I don't mind at all, and that way I can get back to you sooner. The next best thing to planning my own vacations is to help other folks plan theirs.........

Adele