Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for AI resorts in Carribbean with No kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone provide suggestions on good AI resorts in the Carribbean with no kids? Looking to go Christmas week and dont want to spend a fortune. Thanks all!
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:51 PM

Grand Lido, Couples, Sandals, Swept Away ... all in Jamaica. There are also a few in the D.R. such as Excellence Punta Cana. But rates at Christmas are so high that I doubt you'll find much that doesn't cost a fortune. Plus, the best places sold out months ago. I'm sure there are rooms, so just look around and see what's available. I'd strongly recommend a travel agent in a case like this. Also look at the offerings from Apple Vacations. Your money will go furthest in Mexico or the Dominican Republic.
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 02:31 PM

Almond Resorts has an adults only AI in Barbados.
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 06:05 PM
KVR

There are several adults only resorts in the Play del Carmen/Riviera Maya area of Mexico. We stayed at the Royal Playa del Carmen and thought is was very nice. There's also the Royal Hidaway, El Dorado, Secrets Capri, Excellance Riviera, and the Iberostar Grand.

Going during Christmas you will probably pay double what you would during other times of the year. I agree, most will be sold out by now. Does it have to be Christmas week? We just booked Puerta Vallarta, Mexico for the 2nd week of December and found a steal for 4 nights. Anytime after Thanksgiving and before Christmas you can find some really good deals.

If it must be Christmas week, I would definitley get a travel agent to see if they can find you a price and hotel your willing to spend your money on.
Old Oct 25th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Sandals Resorts (St. Lucia, Jamaica, Antigua & Bahamas) are still on sale. Do you know when you're traveling?