Search

real estate BVI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
real estate BVI

My husband and I are planning a trip to Peter Island or Little Dix in May under the premise of looking at real estate (for retirement). Does anyone out there know an agent that they might recommend. Thanks for the help
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 07:00 PM

Try the following BVI board:

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/foru...&Board=bvi
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Just as a side note, I believe Peter Island is privately owned by the resort there. I'm not sure you can buy anything. If I'm wrong, I'd love to know because Peter Island is beautiful if remote.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 04:47 AM

FYI - unless you are a citizen of the BVI's you will normally not be able to remain on the island for more than 6 months in any calendar year so the BVI's might not be a suitable location for your retirement. In short the BVI government wants only your "tourist dollars" and they make it very difficult to live there full time unless you were born on one of the islands.

Check the archives and/or post your question on the TTOL forum recommended by lovethecape. You'll find lots of information there as the subject has been discussed often, unfortunately the result is always the same - no full time residency.
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info. We were aware about the 6 month residency rule. We are looking for place for half of the year. I apologize for being unclear about Peter Island. We will be staying on Peter Island or Little Dix but looking for property on Tortola or VG. You guys are so helpful!!