rats at sandals?

May 29th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Peach

rats at sandals?

there is a new posting at caribbeanopinion.com that says that their stay at Sandals St. Lucia golf was appaling... rats int eh hallways oh my goodness, That makes me feel sick! We are supposed to stay there in Nov. but the report given at the above site REALLY makes me want to cancel.... I do not want to pay thousands for a vaction with rats and poor food

May 29th, 2001, 02:51 PM
john

i'd cancel in a heartbeat. no sense taking chances when you're spending so much money. in general, sandals has a so-so reputation at best, from what i've seen and heard from travel agents and on the web.

May 29th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Marianna

has anyone else had such a horrific experience? NOT that I don't believe the poster, but several voices are louder than a single whisper. i was considering this resort for a vacation next summer... I may be changing my mind

May 29th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Kim

That post was posted to make people not book at Sandals. It was never true just another rumor as usual. We were just there and the resort is beautiful exceptionaly clean, very well manicured,
it is a wonderful resort. Just somebody stirring sh$% as always. We will be back there again nx year.Email me if you like details of our wonderful stay.

May 29th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Joe

I have to agree with kim, we also just returned from their. We loved it, the food was very good and the resort itself is wonderful. We spent our 25th Annivesary their, and will return again next March. Very well taken care of and super clean. I dont know where that post came from but it is a bold face LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 29th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Kim

John [email protected] dont make judgment if you have never been to a Sandals. We have been to many and loved them all. Never had a bad experience, well worth the $ you pay. But take it for what it is some people are never satisfied, SO STAY HOME!

May 29th, 2001, 06:36 PM
john

it's true that i've never been to sandals nor would i want to go to a sandals. not my cup of tea to have activity leaders and buffet meals. but to each his/her own. as for the rats, it may be a tall story. the st.lucia sandals does look very clean.

May 30th, 2001, 05:23 AM
catherine

John,
It shows how much you don't know Sandals when you talk about buffet meals and "activity leaders". I never had a buffet meal when I was there, and never came across an "activity leader." Sure there were sports activities but if you weren't interested nobody cared.

If all-inclusive is what you're looking for Sandals is the best outfit.

May 30th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Mari

Hello?? Catherine, which Sandals did you visit at which you never had a buffet meal and never came across an "activity leader"? At all 4 Sandals I have visited, there were buffets for breakfasts and lunches, and at least 1 dinner was buffet, on "beach party" night or whatever they chose to call it at each of the resorts. Also, all 4 Sandals had activity leaders called "Playmakers".

Also ... to all of you ... you know, just because someone had a bad experience at a resort that many other people love does not mean that the person who had the bad experience is lying or just trying to stir up trouble. Situations, circumstances, and occurrences can be very different in the same place from one week to the next. In fact, 2 people can be at a resort at the same time and have very different experiences. It depends what happened to THEM during their visit. For instance, specific to the rat example, on one of our first visits to Jamaica (not to a Sandals but to amnother AI resort which we enjoyed very much), acquaintances of ours had a rat in and out of their room during the week (entering through the water pipes, apparently?) ... and they were in the room next to us. We did not have any problems and did not once encounter a rat, even though our rooms were side by side. We thought that the resort was wonderful based on our experience, and would never have known about this issue had it not been for the fact that we were acquainted with the people in the next room. For us, it was a good trip. For them, there was an obvious problem.

May 30th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Lara

Thanks, Mari, for voicing what I was about to say!

Just because someone disagrees with your opinion or had a different experience does not mean they are lying or have some sort of vendetta. These forums are here so that travellers can educate themselves by hearing all opinions, not just those that are pro-Sandals.

May 30th, 2001, 10:08 AM
toddie

Really...how can you trust anyone's comments online when it may be competitors trying to rule out the competition? If you find more good than bad comments, then that should help to way in on your choice. If you're fnding more than a few bad ones, then sorry honey, try another spot!

May 31st, 2001, 04:04 PM
iris

I read this resort report at carribean.com, I found it very credible . If you look at the ratings of this hotel it was not a "slam" on sandals, Some people are totally discrediting her review as someone who wants noone to go to any sandals resorts...some things were rated very high.

She did not say I saw ONE rat somewhere on the property, she said ratS (more than one) were running in the halls (affecting more than just one freak accident in one room). The reviewer stated that she had to change resorts and gave avery favorable review for the second resort.... Notice that in the first review she did not mention what resort they transfered to .. and in the second review she did not mention the name of the place she left... If she wanted advertisment, or bias she would have done so,. In my opinion, she gave an honest review to help travelers, not to bash or promye specific properties

May 31st, 2001, 05:08 PM
Cherie

I have to say we just were at Sandals St.Lucia a couple weeks ago and i cant believe there were rats anywhere. the resort itself is spotless. The food on the buffets are cleaned up as soon as lunch time was over. As for the halls everytime I was out and about there was always cleaning crew in the halls. Im really not sure how credible this negetive poster on this specific resort is but we all have our opinions and "so be it". We loved the resort and will be back there next year.

Jun 29th, 2001, 01:15 PM
jeff

We just came back from our Honeymoon at Sandals St.Lucia Golf Resort and we did not see a single rat. The place was very clean and cared for. I have some pictures from Sandals and St. Lucia on the internet if anyone is interested.
http://www.worldisround.com/articles/4999/

Jul 9th, 2001, 11:13 AM
patricia

I've been to all the sandal's and I love each and everyone. each one has something special about them. the most i
ve ever saw was a bug. now remember you are in the tropics, but as far as rats are concern, maybe you should check you luggage before your next trip an leave your pets at home....