Questions re Stormy Petrel and Internet access

Oct 16th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Angela

Questions re Stormy Petrel and Internet access

Hi,
Has anyone taken the trip to the Baths with the Stormy Petrel? Opinion? What days of the week to they go?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that there is now an internet cafe/pub on St. John. Any info on that?

Thanks!

Oct 16th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Queenie

There have been several options for internet access in Cruz Bay on St John for awhile now.
The Quiet Mon pub, Connections in Cruz Bay and Coral Bay and EveryTing in Cruz Bay come to mind.

Oct 16th, 2002, 09:15 PM
Rick

My girlfriend and I did a trip on either the Stormy Petrel or the Pirate's Penny a couple of years back. We enjoyed it very much. I don't remember what days of the week they go. We visited Virgin Gorda (don't forget your passport), then snorkeled at one of the smaller islands - great snorkeling. Then stopped at another island for an Caribbean lunch of Conch fritters, etc. We enjoyed it very much.

Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:30 AM
denette

Angela,
My family and other family we vacationed with took day trip on the Stormy Petrel in summer of 2000, went to Virgin Gorda/Baths, onto Cooper Island for lunch(they call in your order enroute and it is ready when you get there. Wonderful burgers or conch sandwiches on homemade buns.
We then snorkeled again off of Peter Island, anchored out and our captain swam in to beach walked the beach and brought back seaglass to our kids. It was a day to remember, our kids still talk about it to this day. Open bar with water,sodas,rum punch, beer. We took a soft sided cooler with drink boxes for our kids, but we would of been fine if we had not.
The trip was $100.00 per person, and you have a custom fee at Virgin Gorda(cash) and then lunch ran us about $10.00 per person at Cooper Island.
Our captain(Debbie) was going back to States to go back to school, she had been down there a couple of years and she was a wealth of knowledge about everything you could imagine to ask her. It is worth every single penny for the trip. Enjoy!!
One of those memorable family days you never forget.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 03:45 AM
Julie

Absolutely agree with the above. Our Stormy Petrel trip (actually we went on her sister, the Pirate's Penny) was one of the best days we've had on any vacation, ever.