punta cana

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 12:52 PM
matt

punta cana

Has anyone gone to Punta Cana in the Dominican? My wife and I are planning on going in June for our 10th anniversary and hope we made a wise choice. We are staying at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace. Has anyone stayed there and how was it?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 01:47 PM
xxx

I have found very little action on this board for DR. Try www.debbiesdomincantravel.com. You will have more luck.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 05:02 AM
mike

Matt,

Not sure which board xxx has been reading, but this one is full of DR stuff. Just choose Dom Rep from the island list and then hit find, you'll get all the post threads for the island.
Or enter Barcelo Bavaro Palace in the search block above and hit find. You'll get all the threads for that property. And there are a lot of them.
However, xxx's one gem of advice is a good one, deebbie's site is loaded with first person reviews of all the property's on DR, with BBPalace among them.
Every bit of feedback I've seen about the Palace is A++++, 5 stars, everyone has loved it.
Bet you will, too.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Dave

My wife and I just returned from PC, stayed at Iberostar. The beach is excellent and miles long, but may be rough since it is on the Atlantic. BBP is 6 star with Apple.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Ds

My husband and I were in Punta Cana last April. We stayed at the Melia which is beautiful. I have heard very good reports about the BBP so I believe you've chosen a good resort. I also think the BBP is next to the Melia and the water is gorgeous and not choppy at all. Although really in Punta Cana nothing is right next to anything. The beach goes on for miles and you will love it. Have a wonderful vacation

Old Jan 12th, 2002, 02:13 PM
clare

my partner and I went to the barcelo bavaro beach resort a couple of years ago.It was absolutely wonderful.We went to look at the barcelo bavaro palace which is in the same complex and it is great.It is the best holiday we have ever had.The beach is wonderful as is the water.It is paradise and believe me you will not regret it at all.Hope you both have a great wedding anniversay.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 06:29 AM
Dave

The "water may be rough" if the weather is unsettled and cloudy, which is what happened to us last week.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Pam

We went to Punta Cana in 2000. It had beautiful beaches but not alot more to do. We also got sick and when I inquired about it prior to our trip many told us they got sick. Many others from the resort also had Montezumas Revenge. Immodium was a must.We ended up needing antibiotics to get rid of it.We stayed at the Allegro and I would not go back there. The people at the desk seemed like crooks to me-pretending they didn't understand us and trying to rip us off. Our daughter's purse was stolen at the bar (our own fault) but they had it behind the front desk and wouldn't cooperate with the concierge when we requested him to help us. Finally, not wanting me to create a scene they "found" the purse for us.(money gone but thank God her "papers" were there. Use the safe!)If my memory serves me right the Bavarro was close to the Allegro. It was beautiful. If you are going to relax it is a beautiful spot. If you are going for lots of fun things to do I'd look elsewhere.

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Sue

Matt,
My husband & I are going to Punta Cana in February. Staying at the Riu Melao.
Will let you know how it was when we get back...

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Parrot Mom

We have been to Puerta Platta, Punta Cana and the best beach is in La Romana.,.. We have rebooked the Casa del Mar for a month from yesterday.. please go to..
/www.debbiesdominicantravel.com. for a complete review on all the resorts. and I'll be glad to answer questions about Casa del Mar and Catalonia Bavaro (gorgeous resort).. and have pictures you can see.